Photo

The Park

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Pub? (42 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (36 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Good (3 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Average (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

4. Poor (2 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 cha003

cha003

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:28 PM

What's the outside space/garden like at The Park? For those of us still addicted to the nicotine weed, a nice outdoor section is a must ...

Edited by cha003, 23 June 2008 - 03:28 PM.

#47 tommers

tommers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:01 PM

I can add another recommendation for the park. It's got pretty much everything I could wish for, decent food at reasonable prices, bitter on tap and a nice outdoor bit for when the weather's nice or I fancy a fag. The guys who own it seem pretty spot on and enthusiastic and it's my new favourite pub in the area.

The only problem is that it needs to be a bit busier... so get yourselves down there.

Not too many of you though, I still want to get a seat / get to the bar!

oh, and the quiz is great too.

#48 Bond

Bond

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

I'll assume there should be some healthy competition for this quiz then !?

#49 tommers

tommers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

well, when we went 2 weeks ago there were 6 teams, but they said the last one was less popular.

which is why people need to go.

It was a really good quiz. Difficult and lots of things to do - picture rounds, abbreviations as well as the normal questions....

it's tomorrow!

#50 peade1

peade1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:46 PM

Just to let people know that on Thursday July 10th there's a special Grand Charity Quiz at the Park to sponsor Norwood's own Zena Fish and her partner Becky who are riding on horseback from Norwood to Japan. Get yourselves down there and support the quiz and the charity. More info on expeditionequus.com

#51 Bond

Bond

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

I can heartily recommend the quiz. A good mix of questions and a very nice atmosphere. More people from VN shld come along !

#52 cartelmike

cartelmike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:53 AM

great pub. we happened to be in there on the opening night. the two lads that run it are fantastic, as are the sunday lunches.
its steadily getting a lot busier, and the friendly atmosphere actually extends to being able to start up conversations with complete strangers, which is a rarity in London in itself !

#53 robmonk

robmonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:38 PM

We moved to West Norwood a couple of years ago and have been going to the Park since Scott and Nick arrived. We have seen the place gradually building a name for itself and it is great to see that word is finally getting out about how much better the Park is than anything else we have in West Norwood. To try and aid more people finding this little treasure we've helped them get a presence on the internet - it's nothing special and there's still a bit of work to do but at least it's something. You can see their new site at www.theparkse27.co.uk - there's a survey so you can let the guys know how they are doing (of course its always better to put the world to rights face-to-face over a beer, but failing that...)

If you haven't been to the Park yet, make it a priority - this is by far the best pub in the area and we should show our support!!

#54 Knights Hiller

Knights Hiller

• Sponsors
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:24 PM

Completely agree Rob. We've had some lovely days and evenings there over the last few weeks. Food great. Scott and Nick doing a blinding job....

#55 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

We loved the place. Long may they do well.

#56 Knights Hiller

Knights Hiller

• Sponsors
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

Big Pub Quiz tonight (8pm) so time to brave the cold and support West Norwood's only decent boozer....

#57 kitkat

kitkat

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:49 AM

We missed the quiz but popped in for lunch yesterday, having not been in for a few months. Was glad to see it was pretty busy and is obviously popular for Sunday roasts - am hoping the evenings are doing well too.

We'll definitely be back soon - it is the nicest place (the only place....?) in WN so really want to show our support!

#58 Mah-in

Mah-in

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

I pass six pubs to get to the Park Tavern, and do so happily, and Scott and Nick now know it and have become friends. I'm a regular quizzer and I love the food; both during the week and the Sunday roasts. The decor is great. It's like walking into someone's house.

I was curious about a very early comment in this thread, about the price of a mezze, and that locals would "baulk" at it. It serves two and is very reasonable. I'm a big bloke and I often order one for myself. I've never been able to eat the lot.

Best pub in the whole area, and I live at Crystal Palace!

#59 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:09 PM

Interesting. I clocked this pub on the 432 to Brixton once and it's on my 'must visit' list.

Even from a passing bus it looks great!
Love The Triangle...

#60 Gemster

Gemster

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:11 AM

I discovered The Park on Saturday and was REALLY impressed. I liked it so much I went back on Sunday to try out the Sunday roast which didn't disappoint. This will definitely become one of my new locals.

The quiz night on Thursdays sounds good, might try it out this week.