Photo

The Park

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Pub? (42 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (36 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Good (3 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Average (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

4. Poor (2 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 62tubestock

62tubestock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

recently moved into the area, and although my wife knows the area well and the former pub that used to be there, i find it to be alittle on the snobby side and people that give you dirty looks when you walk past the outside minding your own business, very pricy drink wise and the food is nothing to get excieted about, although i'm not a huge drinker i would feel out of place going in there ,the sort of pub where all eyes would be on you because your not of the pub quiz brigade, some people live for this little pub and although its very close to where i live, its not for me, if you want something local and unique then i would say this place is certainly that, my wife and i enjoy cooking our food and buying our own booze as its cheaper, each to his own.

#77 filmbuffy

filmbuffy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

i would disagree.
i only recently moved to the area and was really pleased to find a more upmarket style of pub in the area. although i dont go in there that often they always say hi when we do. i think its a case of building up familiarity.
i cant imagine why they would seem snotty thought. yes they have some regulars in there but i never see it packed, perhaps because they are away from the main high street also they wont get so much passing trade. -so all more reason to be welcoming

i would agree it can be expensive though. :-)

#78 Hesketh

Hesketh

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

Not a snobby place at all. Very welcoming indeed. This used to be my local and it's head and tail above any of the other WN drinking establishments. Yes, it's very slightly off the main drag but 3 stops on the bus between either WN or CP? That's nothing!

Edited by Hesketh, 19 April 2011 - 12:38 PM.

#79 stasi1

stasi1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

I recently passed the Park Pub in Elder Road and noticed that a sign said it was 'under new ownership' (and now showed SkySports).

Has anyone been in recently and has it changed much since Scott and Nick have moved on?  

#80 belo

belo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

I went in last week.  To start with you wouldn't have known that it was under new ownership.  But, towards the end of the evening the music became unbearably loud.  It was very hard to have a conversation.  I wouldn't like to be one of their neighbours. 

#81 RichardMead

RichardMead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

It is under new ownership and it has changed. It is still quite friendly and there are now a couple of big screen TVs but they're not too intrusive. Also a pool table. On the down side there are no more pizzas and not much food of any description. On the positive side the bearded quizmaster is still there on Thursdays with his brilliantly unique quizzes. The night I went was fairly poorly attended but this may be due to the lack of food. But at least you have a better chance of winning. Certainly worth a visit considering the competition.