Photo

Social Event in November

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Social Event in November (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be able to come along?

1. Yes, definitely (5 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

2. Yes, hopefully (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. No, but maybe on another occasion (10 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

4. No, not interested (3 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:42 AM

We will be holding our 26th social event for members and friends of Virtual Norwood Forum at Numidie on Westow Hill (opposite Woolworths) on Wednesday 28th November at 7.30pm.

To help us to estimate numbers please vote in the poll.

This is a public event, not a private party, so there is no condition of entry and you can bring your friends with you too. If you are attending for the first time please ask at the bar for "Virtual Norwood"

European.vote - EU Referendum

#2 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:43 PM

I hope everyone will make a special effort to get to our next social event - we need strong attendance figures to ensure the momentum of organising events is kept going... we've done very well at recent events but if too many people think about putting it off to "the next one" then it won't be as much fun.

Come on everyone... mark the date in your diary... make sure you don't miss out! :)

#3 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:07 PM

Judging by the voting so far it's going to be me and one other plus three maybes? Should we cancel?

#4 CrystalParis

CrystalParis

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:10 AM

There have been small turnouts in the past and they've been okay, and there's a week to go... Also there wasn't a social in October so perhaps momentum has been lost because of that.

#5 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:33 PM

There's nothing wrong with a small turnout... I had a great time at the VN social with about 5 people at it some time ago. You actually get a chance to talk to people in depth. I'd say don't cancel. I'm definitely trying to come (though won't be there at 7:30 as that is still part of my working day) and will try to bring MrZiwa too.

#6 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:47 PM

I will be there .... again "markets' permitting" ...
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#7 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:36 PM

Just to avoid any doubt in people's minds the next social event is going ahead.

All I am asking for is a little bit more support. I mean, we have well over 1000 active members, 100 people logged in each hour, and all we can muster is a handful of votes! I don't understand why we have more people debating the loss of Shecky's... isn't a free social event with the opportunity to meet fellow members and discuss local issues more interesting?

If you haven't been to a social event why not give it a go!

#8 snowbunny

snowbunny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:32 PM

hey I know how you feel.. seems no-one wants to start a reading group either!

#9 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 04:31 PM

I'd love to go, but for two reasons can't - I'm working till 11pm that night, and also it's two days before pay day!
Love The Triangle...

#10 StephenB

StephenB

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:06 PM

With crushing inevitability, I will be there.

In case the slightly obscure venue is putting off any newcomers, just go in to Numidie and head straight down the stairs -- it's quite a small bar down there so we should be easily identifiable. Look for the James. (I assume you're going, James?)

#11 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:42 PM

Yes. Looking forward to seeing you there Stephen.

If anyone is interested in buying any of the pet treats I had at the last meeting let me know in advance and I'll bring them along.

#12 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:43 PM

What pet treats?
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#13 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:43 PM

I brought some free samples from Treats For Pets to the last event. On the web site there is the full range of Thrive Treats for Cats, Dogs and Puppies and Chicken Soup for Dogs and 99% Fat Free Crisps for Dogs. They are competitively priced but if I bring them to the social event then there aren't any postage costs which makes them even cheaper. Everything is in stock. If you want to buy any or have any questions just let me know.

Treats For Pets - http://www.treatsforpet.net/shop

#14 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:07 PM

Now you're talking. Surely everyone will come now judging by the number of pet owners on the site. I will be there and was looking forward to it so much that I went this week by mistake!!

Forgot to say cat treats please!!

#15 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:40 PM

LSPE should get a free chew toy, methinks, for having posting one of the funniest threads where he fessed up to being the Palace Pug! Or is it Palace PseudoPug....