Photo

Social Event in November

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Social Event in November (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be able to come along?

1. Yes, definitely (5 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

2. Yes, hopefully (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. No, but maybe on another occasion (10 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

4. No, not interested (3 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:17 PM

It was a lovely evening and It was so nice to see James again. I love you all and thank you for the wine you plied me with!
I think James should be very proud of what he has created for us all in VN.

Edited by Silver, 29 November 2007 - 01:17 PM.

#47 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

Had a great time too ... very nice to meet you all and I agree with tthe warrior, Dazza is a legend!

LSPE
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#48 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:12 PM

Hello All! Me ‘n Mr Z had a great time at the social as well, and wanted to give a virtual wave back to our old VN pals, to new ones, and the ones we didn’t get a chance to talk to at this social, but maybe next time. Many thanks to Silver & the great kitchen at Numidie for the fantastic spread of sausages, artichokes, humous, falafel, harisa sauce…..and then to the very generous fellas who not only entertained us with witty banter and incredible stories, but also brought back TWO bottles of lovely wine when it was their round! It was a great time out!

Our topics of discussion were varied….who would have guessed that the thing that seems to make Dazza’s heart go pitter patter faster is ancient archaeology? No kidding! He also likes people to throw tomatoes at him (if he can throw them back)…the things you learn about folks after a glass or two. Unfortunately I didn’t get the hint on where to find the best Italian herbs from LSPE that I’d hoped for…of course he gets them from home, from Mum’s garden! But he has become the renovation maven, so all further questions go to him on that topic. Silver told us stories of surfeit at celebrity parties she’s been to recently. Of course she & I arm-wrestled over whether there should be a Cristill Palice 2 on the topsite (to be continued, ad naseum, in another thread), but we also cooked up a potential project to help with neighbourhood connectedness and security, so stay tuned.

(BTW, I haven’t been able to post until now as the updater on Safari that invited itself onto my computer on Tuesday has made everything go wonky and I can’t actually post directly. Anyone else have this problem? I finally decided to write out in Word and paste into the web reply)

#49 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:40 PM

You could get around your Safari problem by downloading the Firefox web browser

European.vote - EU Referendum