Photo

Social Event in December

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Social Event in December (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be able to come along?

1. Yes, definitely (3 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

2. Yes, hopefully (8 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

3. No, but maybe on another occasion (7 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

4. No, not interested (1 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:41 PM

We will be holding our 27th social event for members and friends of Virtual Norwood Forum at The White Hart on Westow Street (junction with Church Road) on Thursday 13th December at 7.30pm.

To help us to estimate numbers please vote in the poll.

This is a public event, not a private party, so there is no condition of entry and you can bring your friends with you too. If you are attending for the first time please ask at the bar for "Virtual Norwood"

European.vote - EU Referendum

#2 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:47 AM

If I haven't been arrested for killing any of the builders, hospitalised for inhaling too much dust and/or came back safely from a business trip to Italy I will be there!!!

***** SORRY I FORGOT ***** I cannot make it! I ahve the Team Christmas party ... I will be ice-skating ... LOL let's not go there I did not choose it!!!

Edited by LSPE, 04 December 2007 - 10:48 AM.

Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#3 lovelydai

lovelydai

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

I'm not going to be there, I'm afraid, which is a shame as I could use a night out. I do have a note from my Mum, whom I will be visiting as she is poorly sick. Have fun all.

#4 LizzieC

LizzieC

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:44 PM

Well, I've managed to get a "swap" for my shift so intend to pop in for one or two drinks. Not many as I still have a very early start the next morning.

Thing is......... I'm a bit nervous. :unsure: Being rather deaf makes it very difficult to meet people, add to that the first meeting is in a pub with background noise and I'm quaking in my little boots. This is a big step for me.

I'm O.K.(ish) if facing someone and lip-reading and one to one, or even two but a big chat around a table and I'm all at sea. Please bear with me, it takes me a little while to feel confident with "hearies".

How will I recognise anyone by the way? Carnations and rolled up copies of the Time? :P

#5 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

Trust me LizzieC, you'll be absolutely fine. :)

James wears a badge and sets up some form of identification and the staff will be informed about the group of internet nerds sitting in the corner, looking sheepish :lol: :P

#6 LizzieC

LizzieC

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:38 PM

Thanks Jannism, I'm sure I'll be O.K. once the first glass of wine has slid down but I hope people don't mind having to repeat themselves here and there.

I'll look out for the nerds, shouldn't have a problem as like knows like..... :D

#7 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:57 PM

This is my work Christmas evening, so I'll be missing this one.
Nick, Forum Moderator

#8 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:46 PM

I'm going to try and move a "thing"... so hopefully... :rolleyes:
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#9 Honey_dip21

Honey_dip21

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:09 PM

It will be my first social...so looking forward to it... Havent really got an excuss as the White Hart is on my way home from work..

See you all there....

#10 LizzieC

LizzieC

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:41 PM

My first social as well Honey, so we venture into the Lions Den together......... can they cope? :P

#11 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:07 AM

I look forward to meeting our newcomers. If you have any jitters about what the event might hold then you can either lurk in the background before revealing your identity or better still bring a friend with you.

Perhaps some of our more recent 'newbies' can allay these concerns?

To find us in the pub, if it's not obvious, just ask at the bar for "Virtual Norwood"

#12 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:24 AM

Have no fear. I've translated virtual friends into real world ones through VN... It's all good clean drunken fun! :wacko:
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#13 LizzieC

LizzieC

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:42 PM

Drunken? Someone mention the magic word?! :D

My Mum always said that "strangers are only friends you haven't met" which methinks isn't a bad way to look at things.

#14 nickyb-inthecp

nickyb-inthecp

Battling a dangerous forum addiction

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:13 PM

Just curious... for those (ie. me) who haven't been to one of these before; what time do these events go on until? I've got a work bash but would like to come along later if possible, but if its all over by 9pm then I probably wouldn't be able to make it.
Thanks

#15 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:12 AM

People come and go at different times. I'm usually around before 7.30pm and stay until about 9pm-9.30pm. Some people pop in after nine and I end up missing them. Many people stay until drinking up time and sometimes are the last out the door. It all depends on how many turn up... the more the merrier. If you only pop in to say hi that's okay too.

On past performance most people turn up just before 8pm

Please vote in our poll to let us know if you are expecting to come, because it will help us to let the bar manager know what to expect and plan accordingly.