Photo

Social Event in December

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Social Event in December (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be able to come along?

1. Yes, definitely (3 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

2. Yes, hopefully (8 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

3. No, but maybe on another occasion (7 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

4. No, not interested (1 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:08 PM

If any of you would like to meet the architect of the rebuilId Crystal Palace scheme, our local support group will have their Xmas Dinner in Weatherspoons that evening but I can bring the architect down to the White Swan to meet any of you who may have questions.

Edited by Silver, 10 December 2007 - 04:08 PM.

#17 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:19 PM

Silver, our social event on Thursday won't be at The White Swan. It will be at The White Hart, formerly O'Neills, opposite The Alma.

I hope your christmas dinner goes well

European.vote - EU Referendum

#18 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:37 PM

Sorry James. Thanks for that. I meant the White Heart. I just slipped back in time there for a minute. (The White Swan did of course turn into a blue bottle some years ago!) If anyone does want to meet with Ray Hall, the architect of the rebuild the Crystal Palace Scheme, I can bring him to the White Heart. I know your evening will go well - It always does.

#19 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:24 PM

It's good to see we have strong interest in this week's social event - I look forward to seeing you all there

If anyone would like me to bring any thrive treats for their cat, dog or puppy please PM me.

#20 Come on you Irons

Come on you Irons

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:10 PM

To the nervous newbies on here who havent been to a social before, i went to my first one last month at numidie. Nervous? maybe, but was made to feel very welcome by James, Gekko, Silver, LSPE etc (apologies for those i forgot). A good night to be honest. Word of warning though, give Dazza a wide berth......!!

#21 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:03 PM

I don't think I will make it tonight unfortunately but have a great time y'all.

James - I was hoping to buy some more kitty treats from you but will just order them through your site. Going to give some as Christmas presents to Margot's northern cousins.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#22 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:10 PM

I doubt I will make it tonight kids - been away for work and the flat is still "box full" ... argh!!!

Silver, is the architect coming tonight? Such a shame I am going to miss that! ARGH!!!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#23 LizzieC

LizzieC

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:25 PM

I was really, really looking forward to meeting you folks (nervous but excited) and even had a new hair cut in order not to "let the side down" but.......the last two days have seen me in the grip of a really heavy cold and today I feel like death warmed up. Just got home from work aching in every joint, snuffled up, sneezing fit to burst and running a high temperature to add insult to injury! :(

Apart from not feeling up to going anywhere - except a nice quiet coffin! - I don't want to infect everyone within reach. I'd not be good company anyway as it's muffled my hearing and as I'm pretty deaf to start with......well, you can imagine. :rolleyes: Best for me to have an early night and try to break the back of this thing.

Will definately be at the next one come Hell or high water and, if it's on or around 13th January I can make a night of it as I'm off work that week and can spend the next day recovering.

#24 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:57 PM

how did it go last night?
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#25 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:14 PM

It was a very jolly evening for me & Mr Zwe came late (as we do), but met some lovely new people and had excellent conversations. We missed Silver and the architect I guess their party elsewhere got too much momentum to move. Quite a few other VN people were there, and some newbies too.

There might be some quietness about it though, because the very end of the night was strange and deeply discomforting. After the lights came up and all were on the way out there was a nasty incident at the bar, far away from us, but nonetheless upsetting for all involved. VN folks pitched in to help and make sure the issue got resolved thanks especially to Mrs Elmo who did all the right things.

#26 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:36 PM

Blimey! I left before that, so what exactly happened?

#27 chrissyb

chrissyb

what shall we make today?

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:31 PM

Hi sorry Gekko and I could not make it last night - I had just come back from Glasgow and was knackered. Gekko has a cold too. Yes last night sounds like it was a good night apart from the last bit!

#28 Retired_Member_2

Retired_Member_2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:28 PM

Blimey! I left before that, so what exactly happened?

Some unsavoury characters took issue with the fact that the White Hart had stopped serving at 11:15 and threw a stool at a barmaid's head.

Edited by ged, 14 December 2007 - 04:29 PM.

#29 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:14 PM

Eeek, I missed that too. I hope they weren't hurt too badly.

It was good to see so many people turned up, especially the lurking-non-registered members that came along. Ziwa you must have just missed the architect Ray Hall - he popped in to say hello.

Sorry I missed you too Ged - haven't seen you for a while.

With a finger in the air I think we had a dozen or more people at last night's social, so even with the few people that didn't make it there was still a strong turnout.

We will sort out a social event for January, probably in the later half of the month, to give everyone the chance to recover from the festivities first. See you all again soon ;)

#30 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:20 PM

I think hammer means I am a bit broad shouldered well I hope thats whate he means ! Sorry guys couldnt make it inlaw is a bit ill was out visiting.
Shame it was soured by a pathetic incident !

Merry Xmas all .

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig