Photo

O Girasol

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (6 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Good (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Average (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:40 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

O Girasol
380A/382A Norwood Road, West Norwood, SE27 9AA
Open Monday to Wednesday 7am-9pm
Open Thursday to Saturday 7am-10.30pm
Open Sunday 8am-4pm

Web: not available
Email: not available
Phone: 0871 811 1487

European.vote - EU Referendum

#2 HeadGardener

HeadGardener

• Sponsors
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:35 PM

I've eaten there at lunchtime and have bought sandwiches and cakes there, but haven't yet tried the evening menu.

The food (at least, the food I've tried) is well-cooked and nicely-presented cafe basics, with some slightly more adventurous Portuguese choices (salt fish, for example). The food is good, service is quick and friendly and prices are very reasonable. My only minor grip is with the acoustics - as everything is hard surfaces the noise bounces off the walls and it can get quite noisy. It's a great place for a quick and informal lunch - maybe not a gourmet experience, but I wouldn't necessarily go looking for one of those on Norwood Road!

#3 Knights Hiller

Knights Hiller

• Sponsors
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:00 PM

Went to O'Girasol for lunch at the weekend and was pretty impressed. Nice friendly service (albeit a little slow), good food, reasonably priced and nice ambience. Place completely filled up towards the end of our visit with not a seat to spare.

It would be nice though if they did some more Portuguese food....

#4 benpark

benpark

Ben Park

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

Often grab a full english here of a weekend morning. Always very, very happy. Great service, decent food, and reasonable prices. It does get busy, which is both comforting (I hate empty restaurants) and indicative that a well run business can do very well in these parts. Keep up the good work O'Girasol!

#5 Silke

Silke

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

Just had lunch here with a couple of friends and am very impressed. Super nice service, good lunchtime food and very reasonable. Keep up the good work indeed.
www.themassagepractice.co.uk