• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:55 AM

Has anyone attended a British Military Fitness class? They sound like a brilliant way of getting fit (and muddy!) outdoors and I'd love it if a class started up in Crystal Palace Park! Take a look at the website and if you would too, perhaps you'd click on the Suggest a Location to persuade them to knock us Norwooders into shape...

#2 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:09 AM

I was going to attend one on saturday mornings with a mate who had been before - they do break you up into fitness levels so thats good but that doesnt seem to stop them from screaming at you a lot ha ha...aslong as you can cope with them screaming in your ear for 10 more situps whilst you are crying on the cold wet ground then its for you!!! :)
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#3 TheLemster

TheLemster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:27 PM

Yeah I'd be up for that!! :D

#4 HeadGardener

HeadGardener

• Sponsors
  • 677 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:30 PM

I'm far too much of a wimp :unsure:

#5 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:43 PM

quite interesting - worth checking it out
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#6 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

Brilliant! Looks like there may be enough of us to have some success if we all lobby them via the website. I will have to opt for a novice's blue tabard (and hope that they don't shout too much...)

Edited by GillW, 19 December 2007 - 05:02 PM.

#7 Silke

Silke

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:01 PM

I'd be up for it, too! I need a lot of shouting to get me to do exercise.

I saw a small van in Mowbray Road the other week with a British Military Fitness logo so maybe they're already scouting out the area.......
www.themassagepractice.co.uk

#8 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

as long as they are gentle I can bear the shouting ....
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#9 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:12 AM

I'd also be up for that - desperately need to get fit but the idea of joining a gym again really doesn't excite me. I've filled in the form on the website.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#10 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:44 AM

Brilliant! Thanks, Gekko et al!

#11 OG_Mudboom

OG_Mudboom

• Pending Removal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:50 PM

I used to go to the classes on Clapham Common, they were very good, and very authentic ;)

They do however work best with larger groups, which they already get in CC and Hype Park. You need groups to carry the telegraph poles and compete against each other! :lol:

So prospects of coming to Crystal Palace....?
Either they don't know, don't show...or just don't care what's going on in Norwood.

#12 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:49 PM

I wouldn't bother if it wasn't in Crystal Palace Park though to be honest. If I have to get in the car to go then I know I won't make the effort.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#13 OG_Mudboom

OG_Mudboom

• Pending Removal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:27 PM

I wouldn't bother if it wasn't in Crystal Palace Park though to be honest. If I have to get in the car to go then I know I won't make the effort.

:D

That's made me smile! Buy a bicycle and cycle to CC, it will warm you up for the exercises! However, if you're not prepared to do that, then being shouted at (albeit not very much, or that loudly!); running for 5 miles; performing ******** (not a swear word but a particularly gruelling exercise, self censored) or a devils circuit (one of the nastiest circuit training I've ever encountered); log runs; sit ups/press ups/squat thrusts in all weather; carrying people...is hardly for you! Then again, how do you know until you've tried it.

Ditch the car, give it a go, but commit yourself to at least 6 weeks. Any less and there's no point. Any exercise is tough, especially the first 6 months all in, after which you'll see the improvements and feel the benefits.

Mudboom (OG)
manui dat cognitio vires
Either they don't know, don't show...or just don't care what's going on in Norwood.

#14 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:32 PM

I commute for 3 hours every day; that's quite enough travelling about for me. I'm quite prepared to exercise but I don't want to 'commute', whether by car, bus, train, bike, plane in order to do it.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#15 OG_Mudboom

OG_Mudboom

• Pending Removal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:42 PM

I commute for 3 hours every day...

Me too, it's called living in Crystal Palace! Would never have thought before I moved here, that travelling from Zone 3 to 2, from Upper Norwood to Canary Wharf, could take up almost 4 hours of my day!!

Fair enough, if it's not for you, it's not for everyone. Good luck whatever you choose, but unless you're rich enough to have a home gym, you'll be commuting somewhere! ;)

Mudboom