Photo

Prezzo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

2. Good (5 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

3. Average (5 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

4. Poor (7 votes [38.89%])

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

Vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

Prezzo
25-27 Westow Hill, London SE19 1TQ

Web: www.prezzoplc.co.uk
Email: not available
Phone: 0871 811 1425

Italian

#2 Richard Williams

Richard Williams

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:12 PM

Went here the other evening and the food was awful. My main course came about 15 minutes after my partners and it was not cooked right. Salad looked like it had seeing better days and worse of all - warm white wine.

#3 geronimo

geronimo

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:08 PM

Goodness, we're quick to be so judgemental aren't we. All this moaning about empty spaces in the triangle and when a new venue spends a lot of money doing a place up to a high stndard we can't wait to knock it down. The place has only been open a few days and I guess it's likley there will be teething problems. I hope people who experience the service service we all provide when we do our day jobs are more understyanding that us lot!

That said, I went to Prezzo today for lunch and was really pleased with it. A great setting and the food was absolutely fine for what it holds itself out to be. A very good addition to the triangle I'd say - should appeal to a wide audience I'd say

#4 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:39 AM

Prezzo have branches up and down the country, all doing identical food. So, cooking something correctly shouldn't be excused as teething problems. The fact that it's something in The Triangle doesn't mean we should accept anything without criticism (how would they know they were doing it wrong if no one said anything), nor is it rocket science to service wine at the correct temperature.

Edited by Billy S, 31 December 2007 - 12:40 AM.

Love The Triangle...

#5 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:13 AM

Very tastefully put together and a pleasant space, it has to be said. However, a huge space and difficult to fill I should imagine.

Service was very good - friendly and prompt.

However - I wasn't that impressed with the food. And on that basis I most likely won't return soon. Mrs Uncle Wilf felt differently about it so we may well end up there again should the bloc vote come back into place.

Food wise - A Torre, Lorenzo's, Mediterranea - even Pizza Express - all have the edge.

Yes it's good to see the place in use but an honest appraisal of it is still entirely appropriate.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#6 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:28 AM

And the menu looks pretty bog standard too. Seems like a missed opportunity to give CP something a bit different - I can't see how they will fill the place otherwise.
aka Pie

#7 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:39 PM

Well we got to Prezzo last night and were pretty impressed! Sure, it's not very authentic Italian cooking and cannot be compared to Lorenzo's, Mediterranea or A. Torre as it's most certainly chain-style. Its nearest rival would probably be Pizza Express. I had a really good baby spinach, mushroom and avocado salad with ciabatta croutons to start, and a seafood calzone as main. My other half had crab cakes (which were OK) followed by a chargrilled chicken breast with bacon, tomato and melted cheese - chicken features largely in the meat dishes, although you can get a burger! The ingredients were tasty and fresh with pretty generous portions, so we didn't want a pud. With wine and water the bill only came to 40 for the two of us. The decor is very smart and the staff attentive and friendly - altogether a huge improvement on its predecessor. I was pleased to see quite a few customers coming in, which included a party of about 12, so by the time we left it was about half-full. We will definitely go again. :rolleyes:
By the way, on our way back to the car I checked out the other restaurants we passed. It looks as if South East, Goa and the Japanese place are really struggling but predictably A. Torre and the Ghurka Cottage were full. Mediterranea is closed until (I think) 13 January. :o
aka Pie

#8 palacequeen

palacequeen

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:16 AM

After hearing comments from locals and VNers folks, we felt it was time to give it a try. As we expected, as it was 730 on a Friday evening, it had one table of two people.

The service is very attentive, as the ratio was 5:1 in favour of staff. Nothing wrong with that, as they were all were pleasant and added value. Also, they were very good with the children, which you could argue, as they are aiming their market, for the finer dining experience, do you enjoy PREZZO with or without Children? At the end of the Night, I have to say I am not sure still!

The atmosphere and decor is very pleasant, as for the food, well its no mediterean restaurant but its no Pizza Express, either. Everybody did actually enjoyed their meal, but we were not blown away.

Overall, the experience did match the cost of it. Its not cheap but neither is it Chelsea- Central London Tourist price, but its not far off. Its a different experience from Shecky Chicken, which obliviously failed, but will PREZZO survive? well I hope so, and I was really pleased that by 9, the restaurant was full. It does offer something different to Crystal Palace and surrounding areas, and I would recommend it to fellow VNers, especially for special occasions!

#9 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:19 AM

I went there with my friend and her two small kids on Saturday early eve. Big thumbs up for the staff there who were more than accommodating.

As for the food.... well, I am really not impressed at all. One of my friends ordered a pasta dish with spicy sausage, he found around 2-3 pieces of sausage in the dish, and that was it..... I ordered the burger as it sounded nice : Ciabatta with red pesto, mozzarella and angus beef (if i recall correctly) - what I did get : a burger bun, tasteless red pesto and the cheapest possible Mozzarella ...... all of this for around 9.00 - I hate McDonalds or other fast food places, however, the burger would have been better there......

not going back in a hurry and cannot see them survive.... it's a shame, it's such a good spot for a restaurant, especially in summer with the garden !
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#10 Paul.W

Paul.W

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:03 PM

My first visit this evening. The food was excellent, had a delicious calzone for main course and ice cream for dessert. Decor, design is impressive and there were quite a few people there. A big let down is the service... the waitress was disorganised and not particularly friendly. Had to go to the till to request the bill and waited 10 minutes for the change. Why do companies invest a fortune in refurbishing a restaurant only to employ staff who are not up to the job?

#11 belli

belli

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:41 PM

I'm sorry to say I wasn't impressed. I went there two Fridays ago, and really wanted it to be good.

On the positive side, the decor and re-fitted interior are pleasant.

Food wise, my gamberoni were dry, leathery and lacking sauce. My chicken with mushrooms was just that, barely any sauce, and burnt-tasting to boot. The service was poor; we waited five minutes between the main courses arriving and the side orders that were meant to be with them.

Price wise, I thought it was a lot of money for bland food, carelessly prepared and served. We spent our evening listfully looking over the road to South East, where we've never had bad food.

#12 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:35 AM

Thumbs up from me. I really liked the decor, the food is very Pizza Express but I didn't expect gourmet, service was good and attentive, tho it was pretty quiet - I'd definitely go again and tell my friends to give it a whirl. Better than Il Ponte ;-)
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#13 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:25 PM

Interestingly, the "good" and "poor" votes for Prezzo are now neck and neck! :blink:
aka Pie

#14 eyedropper

eyedropper

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:34 AM

Thought you all might like to see this.. http://eatingalbion....and-hey-prezzo/
www.eyedropper.co.uk

#15 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members