Photo

Patricks

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Pub? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. Good (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

3. Average (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

4. Poor (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:15 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Pub

Patricks
76 Westow Hill, Crystal Palace, London SE19 1SE

Phone: 0208 6764816

Edited by MattVN, 26 July 2010 - 01:14 AM.
To add number

#2 spenge

spenge

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:39 PM

They do the perfect pint of Guinness nice and cold and creamy mmm friendly staff too :D

Edited by James, 21 January 2008 - 03:12 PM.
Please see Forum Guidelines

#3 The Joker

The Joker

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

Walked past last night (Sunday) at 10pm and it was surprisingly busy. Will pop in and give it a go next time I'm out in the triangle for a drink.

#4 Spooks

Spooks

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:34 PM

Dropped in to watch a game a week ago or so. Friendly bar staff, a good pint of guinness. Manager came over for a chat, (nice bloke, from Donegal, supports Aston Villa but nobody's perfect!!) and he hopes to have live music on Sunday evenings at some point in the near future.

Not sure if I would choose it as my destination on a Saturday night but for watching a game or a quiet pint with a newspaper it definitely has it's merits.

#5 funstuie

funstuie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

Do they still have a no trainer door policy?

#6 Redbunny23

Redbunny23

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

We go here to watch the footie - and there's never been a doorman let alone a door policy!

Edited by Redbunny23, 11 March 2008 - 05:12 PM.

#7 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

Funny how policies change. Have frequented several times with mates all wearing inappropriate footwear no problem. I actually quite enjoy watching footie in there now.

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#8 The Joker

The Joker

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

Made my first visit late afternoon on Good Friday and it left a favourable impression on me. We were the only customers but I got a sense it would be worth visiting when busier with a friendly atmosphere.

Nice refit inside and I liked the artwork on the walls. Good seating and plenty of TVs for the football etc. And most importantly a decent pint of Guinness.

Will definitely return.

#9 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:50 PM

Went on Sunday to watch the football. They had 3 matches on different screens and then a 4th showing Sky Sports News. All in all, a great place to watch the match with friendly staff and well kept keg beers.
Nick, Forum Moderator

#10 Spender

Spender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:15 AM

Used to be one of the best bars in Palace but, after the removal of the 2 guys, Joe and Paul who had worked very hard to create a great, friendly atmosphere, it has lost all it's appeal. Last night, Friday 5th, I walked by and noticed only 3 people in the bar. Can say I'll be going back in there either.

#11 funstuie

funstuie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

What happened to this place?

I have not been for a while but I went in to watch a game on a saturday afternoon and although it was packed the bar service was rubbish and their selection of beer on tap has been reduced to Carling/Fosters. They used to have a varied selection of beer and their Guinness was decent.

I walked by on Sunday evening about 7pm and there was not a soul in there, only the barman was sitting at the end of the bar.

#12 jessi0343

jessi0343

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:42 AM

Do they ever open up the basement? I was shocked to discover they had one last time I was there and used the loo downstairs. The space would be great during a busy football match, but I've seen the bar open unfortunately..

#13 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:18 AM

England's failure to reach Euro 2008 would have hurt them. And to be fair, that kind of sports pub vibe is a bit 1990s now...
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#14 Andy

Andy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:27 AM

I went past this place last night and noticed that it was closed around 9pm, what has happened, is it a temporary glitch or has Patrick's bitten the dust?

Never good to see places closed that should be buzzing at that time of night!

#15 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:20 AM

Just to say, we had the Chamber of Commerce meeting downstairs at Patrick's last night (a really good venue, all mod cons in terms of decor and audio-visual technology). And the upstairs was full of people watching one of the those football teams from north of the river. Great beer and really friendly staff.
opposed to taking terrapins.