• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 kyleweb

kyleweb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:38 PM

Rang up the LSC and they only have a wed at 8.30. You want me to try the following week?

#32 Come on you Irons

Come on you Irons

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

Did this get off the ground at all? I'm still interested

#33 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

Yes, I'm still interested too but we haven't managed to get anything sorted yet. Sorry Kyle for not responding to your post.

Would be good if we could get something going as I desperately need to get fit! I'm a definite for this.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#34 Come on you Irons

Come on you Irons

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

Same here, Mrs COYI or Spoon is literally booting me out the door to play. Either she's upto something, or she's subtly telling me I've been chucking on a few pounds lately....

#35 kyleweb

kyleweb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:21 PM

hey guys,

no worries. worked out pretty well for me as couldnt play that next week anyway. Sneakily was quite glad you didnt reply.

I am still keen so let me know when you are next free. Tues or Wed tend to be best for me, although next week is a bit of a nightmare one.

#36 sunray

sunray

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:07 AM

Hi I am still interested as well...Are we now fixed for Wednesdays?

#37 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:53 PM

Either Tues or Wed is good for me so I'm happy to fall in. I guess it might depend on when we can get a court as not sure if the hall gets hired out for other sports like football as well.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#38 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

If your short on number I could blow the cobwebs of my raquets . I alos have about 6 tins of unused shuttles in my draws.

Keep us posted.

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#39 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

I alos have about 6 tins of unused shuttles in my draws.

That must chafe a bit Dazza...

#40 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

I'm lucky they are the nylon variety !

Dazza

PS This is the blue cock variety !!!!!!!!!!

#41 sunray

sunray

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

Ok, so when shall we set a date - maybe if we set a few - be good to get something going.

#42 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

Why don't you (you all, I mean, not YOU, SUNRAY! *points*) book the court for the next four Wednesdays at 7:30pm or something and as many as can make it, go?

On the day, you do a quick "see you there" or "I can't make it any more" and as long as you have two or more people, it goes ahead.

#43 sunray

sunray

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:11 PM

Agree with that - someone needs to take it forward and happy to book a court - if I have commitment that at least a couple of people will show up and also we will split the cost of the court by number people of that show.

If get agreement on that then I will go ahead and book something as I don't want to be billy no mates standing there with my badminton racquet.

So, will try for a Tues, Wednesday next week or the week after if I get at least three replies saying they can make it by tomorrow afternoon.

#44 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:31 PM

Tuesdays are out down the Lewis sports centre as my mate hire the big hall for 5 aside, the little gym is usually available but it has a low ceiling & is rubbish for badminiton

Dazza

#45 sunray

sunray

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

Hi back again...Called Lewis sports centre to try and book something and they have said that they have block booking on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. But have ongoing availability on Thursday from 7pm from next week.

1 entry free for everyone. and 6.50 for an hour to hire the court split by however many people that show up. I will start by hiring one court and if we get a lot of interest hire more courts.

Can hire badminton rackets for a 1 and 5 refundable deposit. Shuttlecock are 1.50 each to purchase.

So, can anyone do next Thursday...Again need at least two people....Can you let me know by tomorrow...

Sorry for all the posts...Just want to get something going.