32 replies to this topic

#16 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:40 PM

I'd be with you on that. One letter, lots of signatures. Can we do it online and still have it carry the same weight, do you think?

#17 crystal_ball

crystal_ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:26 PM

As someone that uses the 432 regularly, every night it is standing room only when it leaves Brixton. If the buses are going to be less frequent ten this is going to cause major squeezing!

#18 leep

leep

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:58 PM

I'd be with you on that. One letter, lots of signatures. Can we do it online and still have it carry the same weight, do you think?

im not sure if this site would be suitable, and then a letter pointing it out to who ever needs to see it:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/

Its crazy...not only will it be busyer and more hassel for people getting to / from work..But I imagine it will have an affect on business for traders on the triangle, losing some custom from surrounding areas.

We have already lost the number 2...a reduction in the 432 is not suitable at all. What makes it even worse it that this new bus route wont even come to crystal palace!

Please dont forget about us TFL! :angry:
Local web / print design collaboration
web: www.subversedesign.co.uk
e-mail: thestudio@subversedesign.co.uk

#19 Paul.W

Paul.W

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:03 PM

I think it's certainly worth complaining to TFL. All the other proposed changes for other routes result in more frequent services. I've not noticed one that has been reduced to the extent of the proposed changes to the 432. It will have a knock on effect on the 3, as many people using the Victoria line would use either the 432 or 3 from Brixton to CP in the evening rush. 3/4 fewer buses an hour on the 432 route could mean an extra 200 or so passengers for the 3.

#20 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:37 AM

Have emailed three local councillors as "find your local one" online search seemed to suggest I have three. Has anyone questioned TfL yet? I will do.

#21 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:45 PM

Pat Ryan happens to be seeing TfL on Wednesday night and will now raise this with them as significant.

#22 Paul.W

Paul.W

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:36 PM

I emailed TFL at the weekend. A reply is promised within 10 days.

#23 BonBon

BonBon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:57 AM

I would happily sign a petition against the changes and I know a considerable number of others who would too.

There needs to be more routes giving us better access from CP to Central London, not less. The 432 is the only bus that goes via Central Hill and Upper Tulse Hill into Central London or at least via the tube in Brixton.

It is always crowded at Brixton and I agree less frequency will just mean passengers are left standing. The only way this would make sense was if the number 2 goes back to CP. Otherwise we're left stranded.

#24 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:09 AM

Quite. It's always rammed by the time it gets to/leaves Brixton so how reducing its frequency will do any good is anyone's guess.

Has anyone got time to set up an online petition about this on the pm.gov site, to which there is a link in this thread? I would but I'm snowed at work. Will sign it, though, if someone can start it.

Whatever we do, email TfL, ask Pat Ryan to speak to TfL tonight, etc, we need to do it before the changes take effect (think it was March?).

#25 leep

leep

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:21 PM

My 432 this morning was delayed and over crowded, barely stopped to pick people up on the way.

Imagine how it would be if you waited 10-15mins for the bus...then discover its overcrowded, then having to wait another 10-15 mins!

If anything they should leave the 432 as it is, and extend this new bus route to E&C to start in crystal palace or even further down.

Aren't one of the plans of the CP Park to extend the bus garage? I take it we will be getting a raw deal...a garage twice the size it is now...and fewer busses!!!!

#26 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:42 AM

Didn't TFL change the route of the 196 in the last year or so to Elephant & Castle so whats the point of this new route. If you want to go to E&C you can get the thameslink from Tulse Hill straight there in 3 stops or get tthe 196 or 68/468 bus from Tulse Hill. . It does not make sense. The 2, 432 & 3 are already rammed at Brixton this will make it worse. I would gladly sign if theres a petition up & running.

#27 Axean

Axean

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:30 PM

I received an email from tfl about this today. It just an advert, so I must have accepted emails when I signed up for my Oyster card. Striped of images and other rubbish it reads as follows

I am writing to let you know that from Saturday 8 March, new route 415 will run between Tulse Hill, Brixton, Kennington and Elephant & Castle, giving new links for residents of the Tulse Hill Estate.
For more information about route 415 and changes to route 333, please click here

Yours sincerely,
Peter Bradley
Head of Stakeholder Engagement

Very useful, tells me about a bus I dont need, but doesn't mention that a bus at the end of my road that goes to Brixton will have its number reduced. :angry:

#28 Joode

Joode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:12 AM

Hi,

Not sure whether anyone has already posted this link but apparently the 432 will now run every 10 minutes instead of every 8 minutes:

http://www.tfl.gov.u...entre/7659.aspx

Was it ever that regular to begin with ?!

#29 katb

katb

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:27 AM

On a purely selfish note if the 415 had not gone to Elephant and follwed the route of the 59 / 159 and 3 from Brixton past work that would have been really handy! But as it is...hmmmm...

#30 leep

leep

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:35 PM

has been more like every 15mins this week...and far too busy before we even get to tulse hill...people either standing upstairs, or the bus simply not stopping.

I dont feel like im getting much for my money.

No number 2...and now a bad service on the 432 : (