• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#16 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:53 AM

A vote for Boris is a vote wasted in my view. He does not have the experience to run one of the biggest cities in the world... The Tories should have done a better candidate search.

Ken? He's the most able and experienced candidate, no question. But he's been around a long time... I think there should be a two-term limit on the position. That way Labour would have someone fresh as well... But we are where we are. And don't forget, as a previous poster said, we get two votes not one!!
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#17 Axean

Axean

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:10 PM

The problems with Ken trying to stay in power. He'll get a good proportion of his votes because some people feel comfortable with him. The conservatives reply with a candidate more people will trust.
Had Ken not stood there's a chance that the two main candidates would be fighting a election based on policies, not personality.

I'll probably vote for Boris, and sadly one of the main reasons will be to see Ken go.

Edited by Axean, 19 March 2008 - 04:11 PM.

#18 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:20 PM

Sounds like a problem with the system. Two terms only I say...
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#19 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

I nearly fell off my chair when I clicked on the top blue location marker on the Lambeth Tory web site... http://www.conservatives.lambeth.com/
(fortunately it's just a bit of unfortunate word cropping)

European.vote - EU Referendum

#20 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:19 AM

:ph34r: Touch of the Eugene Terre-Blanches, there...is Enoch Powell running?

Edited by jannism, 20 March 2008 - 11:19 AM.

#21 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

Ken was the closest I have ever come to voting for a Labour candidate. But sorry Mad borris will get my vote rather than Red Ken. Who basically seems to be only interested in extracting as much cash from Londoners as possible & spending it on rather odd charities. Like the charity to train ethnic minority taxi drivers ( why do they need training evey cab in london after 9pm are of an ethnic minority ) etc etc

Not a fan of Borris but less of a fan of Ken !
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#22 nickyb-inthecp

nickyb-inthecp

Battling a dangerous forum addiction

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

I nearly fell off my chair when I clicked on the top blue location marker on the Lambeth Tory web site... http://www.conservatives.lambeth.com/

That is without doubt the funniest thing I've seen this year.

#23 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:59 PM

Priceless.

#24 Come on you Irons

Come on you Irons

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

fantastic .... Mrs COYI will love that

#25 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

Brian Paddick will get my vote, but it's the second choice that's bothering me. I shan't vote for Ken again as I think he's become too complacent and seems to do what the hell he likes. Not sure I can bring myself to vote for Boris though; I'm sure he'd be entertaining but I'd be a bit concerned for London.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#26 miss emma

miss emma

Crafting whizz

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

If was was able to vote I wouldnt go for Boris. I'm not a major Ken fan either but he did save my family A LOT of money because of free travel for us kiddies. Boris seems slightly mad and I don't agree with a lot of his ideas.

I hate that I can't really have a say in this (being 17 not 18) when it will still effect me.
Gorgeous gifts handmade in SE19, The 39 Stitches

#27 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:55 PM

I can't believe people are seriously considering voting for Johnson. We live in one of the largest, financially critical, multicultural cities in the world... and some people are considering voting for someone whose only quality is that he misreads an autocue on Have I Got News For You with hilarious consequences... The man is a BUFFOON with a very dubious record on racial matters (and that's putting it mildly). London deserves and needs so much better.

Edited by Bovine Juice, 20 March 2008 - 11:56 PM.

#28 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

I see this has been changed now...thank goodness.

Boris seems to come across as an idiot but to get as far as he has in politics you actually have to be quite astute. I am struggling a bit with who to vote for but generally I am in the anyone but Ken camp. I went off him completely when he said of the Western Congestion Charge extension consultation: I have to consult but I don't have to listen to it. That kind of arrogance is just not acceptable for a democratically elected person. He has done many good things but he seems to be of the opinion that he has the right to the job.
Nick, Forum Moderator

#29 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:05 AM

So Basically a good candidate needs to be able read an autocue & be able to host a popular comedy show on TV ! Where do I sign up. Unfortunately as bonkers as he is Mad Boris is the only candidate within reach of Ken.

Basically Ken has failed miserably on transport all he has done is bring in Bendy Busses that dont work ,given school Kids free transport & driven a lot of londoners to their car where they are charged thru the roof as they like to travel in comfort.

Sorry Ken I have run out of money.

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#30 duckec01

duckec01

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:39 PM

Basically Ken has failed miserably on transport all he has done is bring in Bendy Busses that dont work ,given school Kids free transport & driven a lot of londoners to their car where they are charged thru the roof as they like to travel in comfort.

Dazza

I think Ken has done some good things on transport but I can't believe he's given 1/2 price travel for those on benefits, is that supposed to be an incentive to find work?

I can't vote for Bojo the Clown, but I've had it with Ken and his arrogance.