25 replies to this topic

#1 duncanf

duncanf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

Hello!

I'm moving out of the country in June and am looking to rent out my flat while I'm away. The best option would be to have a letting agent who takes on the full management of the flat and makes aure that everything runs smoothly.

Can anyone recommend an Estate Agent / Letting Agent who provides a good trustworthy property management service?

Thanks!

D

#2 andyb

andyb

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:37 AM

We're leaving for Greece in April. Where are you off to?

We're having a friend 'manage' the property but have let it with these people:
President Properties

Because they are just web-based they undercut the high street estate agents by a BIG amount. The people who they produced (4 in a couple of days) were much more suitable than those we got straight through gumtree etc. They offer a range of management options and Sahar, who does the lettings, is very nice.

#3 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

i believe cooper giles managed my flat before i bought it and the person who used to own it was actually living in usa, so maybe give them a call - Penny is in charge of the letting side of things.
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#4 iclipper

iclipper

Former WN'er....

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:41 AM

Hi duncan
Not sure where you are (CP or WN) but I used to rent from Galloways in WN, I really liked them as it was a local business and not a huge chain - They didn't seem so pushy or complacent when it cam to getting things done annd Jeremy Galloway was a really nice man. Although this was a few years ago so it may have changed. I have also rented from Norwood Accomodation annd have to say there attitude back then has put me off of them for life - very slap dash, took ages to get anything fixed and tried to keep the whole deposit at the end 'for cleaning' even though the place had beenn cleaned from top to bottom. Obviously this is from a rentee not a renter point of view, so service may be better if you are the one with the house

Edited by iclipper, 13 March 2008 - 08:43 AM.

#5 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

I would also endorse Cooper Giles. My partner used them to manage his house some years back, and my next door neighbour is renting via them, with good reports.
aka Pie

#6 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:30 AM

After my thread about the same thing a few weeks ago, I tried the recommended ones, especially Cooper Giles, of whom people spoke highly. I went in in person, went through everything and was assured I would get a call about a visit and handing over of keys within four days - never happened. I am now with someone else and will report back when all is underway properly.

Sorry to put a smudge on Cooper Giles' previously polished halo but they were completely unresponsive after all the form-filling. And even if they didn't want to do it, they could have let me know. Maybe it was a one-off but the episode was shoddy.

#7 duncanf

duncanf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

Thanks Everyone!

Looks like the move US-side is off now anyway. "Visa issues".

However should things change then we'll look into it a bit further. We're right round the corner from Cooper Giles so we can give them grief if they pull a "Spoon" on us.

D

#8 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:38 PM

:lol:

Btw, in case anyone else is interested, Acorn have so far done a great job of marketing and managing my flat rental. It all fell into place last weekend and a happy couple have moved in there as their first home together :wub:

#9 centralhilleagle

centralhilleagle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

Are you sure they're a happy couple, spoon? It could be a "spaced" type arrangement ;)

#10 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

:o

Centralhilleagle, it didn't occur to me! I'm too soft - I presumed it was love. I've just wikipediad Spaced (having never watched it) and you could be right. Though I didn't specify who it had to be.

Hmm. I drove past this morning and the place looked untouched too. Alright, I even parked up and walked down the driveway :ph34r:

#11 centralhilleagle

centralhilleagle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:43 AM

Haha, don't worry spoon, they almost certainly are a young couple in love! For some reason it just reminded me of spaced, which was very funny BTW. Still Simon Pegg's best work IMO. Didn't mean to worry you, there's no need to I'm sure.

#12 filishom

filishom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:26 AM

hi

me and my partner are looking to move to Crystal Palace/Gipsy hill area at the end of June.

i am just wondering who the best letting agents are? Or if anyone on here has a property free at that time?

thank you :)

#13 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:57 PM

This question has been asked several times before so you may not get many responses. I recommend going to the list of topics in this section and then in the bottom right hand corner using the word "agent" in the search box... you can then see the list of agents and look at their individual ratings. It will also bring up other related topics for overviews. You may wish to consider advertising in our items wanted section. Good luck.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#14 Lejy78

Lejy78

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

We met with Sahar last week about letting out our flat and found her very pleasant and helpful. Given the big cost reduction they offer (8% full management) from other high street chains I'd also recomend giving President Properties a call.

#15 Spooks

Spooks

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

As of last month have successfully rented my flat through President Properties. Sahar who manages the lettings is very approachable and did an excellent job in both getting a tenant and keeping me informed of the progress. It's a small family firm so they have a very real interest in looking after their clients (tenants or landlords). Also as they are web-based; they are considerably cheaper than any high street agent I tried - you may miss out on some 'passing trade' but the difference in fees made it a no-brainer for me.

I used them to find and vet a tenant for me but they also offer full management services; and again at the best rates I could find. Highly recommended.