• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#16 molevision

molevision

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:17 AM

I live in a small managed block of flats near the triangle and would like recommendations for managing agents that are reasonable and reliable. Currently we do this ourselves but due to people moving out we are looking for someone who can take over and not hike up the service charges. Thanks

#17 Sevenof9

Sevenof9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

Hi all

I have a one-bed flat on Thicket Road which I will soon be putting up for rent. Would people still recommend President Properties as an estate agent to go with?

Many thanks.

#18 gabe

gabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

Conrad Fox were due to value my flat this evening as I'm planning on renting the property out. Having left work early, they failed to turn up. Not a telephone call; nothing. As I'll be requiring a full management service, I'm not too keen on employing an agent who can't even keep a simple appointment. Has anyone had any similar experiences with Conrad Fox? In addition, can anyone recommend a 'decent' estate agent in the area?

Thanks

#19 Sevenof9

Sevenof9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:43 AM

Hi Gabe, yes, you'll find your experience with Conrad Fox is not unique. It seems as if there is only one person dealing with lettings which shows how much interest they take in that part of the market. After several calls to arrange a viewing, and thereafter several calls to follow up, i gave up and went with President Properties. One neighbour who did go with them didn't even get finalised paperwork - he had to adapt his own.

#20 monkeylove

monkeylove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:41 PM

Hello,

We have let out our Thicket Road flat for the last year with Cooper Giles and they have been fantastic. They also provided a full management servie at a very reasonable price. Always a really personal service, they are lovely and very helpful, and always turned up on time!

Edited by monkeylove, 25 August 2009 - 11:44 PM.

#21 gabe

gabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:19 AM

*update to above posting*

I wish to retract the above posting.

I thought it important to explain to everyone that the lettings lady from Conrad Fox had been called out on an urgent house-visit, hence why she was unable to make the appointment. As she did not have my mobile number, she was unable to call me that evening to explain the situation. She did incidently try me at home, but I was at work and as I do not have voicemail capability on my home phone she was unable to leave a message. She called me the very next day and the situation has since been sorted out.

I apologise if my posting caused any offence. Conrad Fox have shown an extremely customercentric attitude since the misunderstanding and I would most definitely recommend their attitude/service to people living in the area.
Gabriel
  • IanW likes this

#22 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

I live in a small managed block of flats near the triangle and would like recommendations for managing agents that are reasonable and reliable. Currently we do this ourselves but due to people moving out we are looking for someone who can take over and not hike up the service charges. Thanks

We are hoping to change our current property managing agent, does anyone have any recommendations in the CP area? (Molevision - did you find anyone good?).

SL

#23 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:27 PM

We are hoping to change our current property managing agent, does anyone have any recommendations in the CP area? (Molevision - did you find anyone good?).

SL

Come on guys/gals,

Someone must know of a decent (or even half decent!) property management company?

#24 DeeBee

DeeBee

Donna Burgess

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:59 PM

Come on guys/gals,

Someone must know of a decent (or even half decent!) property management company?

Hi

Not sure if this is any use but the flat I live in is managed (contracts etc) by Cooper Giles on behalf of the 'Landlord' Norwood Heights Ltd.
However day-to-day property management is done by Michael Smith who works closely with his brother who runs Cooper Smith (Chartered Building Surveyors, Property Consultants etc).

There's a lot of Smiths and Coopers here I know :)

So far he's been OK. Not brilliant - needs prompting sometims to get stuff done but he's a nice guy.

Might be worth having a chat with Penny in Cooper Giles?
Or going directly to Cooper Smith?

D

#25 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:10 PM

Hi

Not sure if this is any use but the flat I live in is managed (contracts etc) by Cooper Giles on behalf of the 'Landlord' Norwood Heights Ltd.
However day-to-day property management is done by Michael Smith who works closely with his brother who runs Cooper Smith (Chartered Building Surveyors, Property Consultants etc).

There's a lot of Smiths and Coopers here I know :)

So far he's been OK. Not brilliant - needs prompting sometims to get stuff done but he's a nice guy.

Might be worth having a chat with Penny in Cooper Giles?
Or going directly to Cooper Smith?

D

Deebee - many thanks, much appreciated.

Anyone else got any recommendations that I can follow up as well? (Pretty please)

SL

#26 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:13 AM

Baxter Lambert who have offices in Penge and Beckenham. They manage my block - pretty good in some respects i.e. collecting money, sending out statements, organising essential repairs etc.
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage