Photo

Social Event in March

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Social Event in March (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be able to come along?

1. Yes, definitely (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Yes, hopefully (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. No, but maybe on another occasion (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

4. No, not interested (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:49 PM

We will be holding our 29th social event for members and friends of Virtual Norwood Forum at The Black Sheep (next door to Iceland) in Westow Hill, Crystal Palace on Thursday 27th March at 7.30pm.

To help us to estimate numbers please vote in the poll.

This is a public event, not a private party, so there is no condition of entry and you can bring your friends with you too. If you are attending for the first time please ask at the bar for "Virtual Norwood"

European.vote - EU Referendum

#2 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:19 PM

I'm just wondering whether Jannism's massive bungee jump came before or after his unfortunate accident on his way to one of our social events a couple of years ago?

I was on my way up for last orders after a few drinks elsewhere when I fell over and broke my leg! :rolleyes:

#3 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

Now thats wot I call drunk !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#4 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:44 PM

I'll be in Crystopolis tomorrow actually but I'm back home on Monday so I'm going to miss this one, too. :(

There's always next month...

#5 ridcully

ridcully

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

Hope to be there as I am in the UK this week ... but can't get there until about 9:00pm. Will check train times ...

#6 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:16 AM

actually glad this is not at the Bridge House as I have to attend the emirates that evening
but I will break a duck if the next one is there...

#7 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

Are we really only looking at three people other than myself attending this event? We've had some pretty big attendance figures recently so it seems a bit odd to have one that only requires a solitary table. What's up with everyone... is it you can't be bothered or don't want to go out in case you get caught in the rain?

#8 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:39 PM

Got a work thing on... would have come along otherwise :(
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#9 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:04 AM

Is it still going ahead, James? I'm planning to go Up West after work and request ipod therapy for our ailing machine from the Apple store if it's not miserable and cold (which at the moment is looking unlikely but it's only 10am). I hear diagnosis and examination may take some time. Otherwise, might be able to come along.

#10 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:39 AM

Yes, it is definitely going ahead and hopefully I will see you.

The Apple Store runs an appointment system - http://www.apple.com...l/regentstreet/ - if you just drop in you could quite literally be waiting for hours, and if it needs service they do repairs in the order received so you'll probably have to leave it with them for a few days.

#11 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:56 AM

I know it's off topic but OMG. Had no idea. Thanks so much for the tip. I'll see if there are any appointments.

How naive! Our machinery isn't that important to us and we would never usually be hanging around Apple, browsing, so I forget that this is of course what does go on. I had visions of walking in and someone coming up immediately with "can I help you?" then leaving half an hour later with a working ipod and instructions on how to keep it that way, in sort of dentist fashion - quick check-up, obligatory flossing lecture, home.

So, hopefully I'll make it tonight but I'm going to Apple and I may be some time...

#12 CrystalParis

CrystalParis

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:47 AM

Looks like some lucky people are away on their hols still :) At any rate it's always good to catch up. I'll be there 8pm ish. Met some new people the last time so hoping they are coming back too!

#13 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:48 PM

Me N' Mr Z will be there as well. We are not sure if we will be a little late or very late (as is our norm). We have heavy work oblies pressing down on us, but also try to go to the Thursday drawing studio now and then, so will look for a balance at the end of the day. the VN social is our numero uno priority for tonight, however!

#14 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:29 PM

I was planning to come but I've got a bit of a stomach bug so feeling under the weather. If I suddenly pick up later I'll be there but I may have to pass for the second month running - sorry guys.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#15 Numouse

Numouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:01 PM

I would love to come along, but can't make this month's one, owing to working out of London for a few days.

Finally completed on my purchase a week ago and at long last have made my move to Crystal Palace (the triangle, specifically) in time for spring. It feels great here. I'd like to say special thanks to all those who offered advice at the time I was sussing out the area some months ago - I look forward to meeting some of you.