• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

I need to sleep as I saw this on telly this morning http://www.telegraph...npenguin101.xml and I thought it was true!! LOL HELP!!
I need to sleep
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#2 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

You're not alone, LSPE - I was going for something like a mini-break at Gipsy Hill spa at one point...

COYI, the Sun ran this one:

"Meanwhile the French president himself hopes to overcome his short stature with a height increasing operation.

Despite the high risks from the operation, Mr Sarkozy is convinced that it is essential to allow him to see eye to eye with his wife.

The operation, which will add five inches to Mr Sarkozy, will be performed at the Poisson D'Avril medical centre in Geneva next year."

#3 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:56 PM

For those who missed it, here is the spoof advert that appeared in the top right corner of the forum this morning...
http://www.virtualno...60aprilfool.jpg

European.vote - EU Referendum

#4 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:02 PM

Glad you enjoyed the Penguins LSPE. Our team here at Auntie Beeb was involved in syndicating it across our BBC channels on YouTube, Bebo etc. so I've known about it for a few days.

If you've not seen it, watch the clip on iPlayer - BBC - Penguins
Mel, Forum Moderator

#5 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:16 PM

I slept 3 hours per night last 2 nights (missing Bianca) so I am forgiven (?) I hope ... it was funny ... when I read it was an April Fool .. I thought OOOOOOHHH DOH!!!!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#6 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

that was brilliant LSPE - thanks for sharing it! Congrats to Auntie Beeb for something so perfectly done. I sent it off (with a straight text) to my cousin who is doing her PhD on penguin dispersal.

Me, I was really tired today too and I completely fell for this article on how Gordon Brown has hired Carla Bruni-Sarkozy to fix Britain's purported issues with taste. http://www.guardian....n/2008/apr/01/7
I had a sharply worded objection composed in my head to send off to the newspaper before I realised the day....

#7 centralhilleagle

centralhilleagle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:30 AM

Did anyone see the one in metro about the BMW that zaps dogs that pee on it's tires? Made me chuckle.

#8 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:36 AM

that was an april fool too????
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#9 centralhilleagle

centralhilleagle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:23 AM

Well, if it wasn't then I'm the fool! I think it's highly unlikely that BMW would develop an expensive system to store energy generated under braking just to zap a dog that pees on the wheels! Plus it would probably not be legal anyway. Does anyone know for sure?! Humble pie for me if I'm wrong...

#10 Come on you Irons

Come on you Irons

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

i know it was deffo a hoax, BUT BMW would invest in such technology. A few years back they developed flame throwers in south africa to deter car jacking, which was the crime du jour back in the nineties. You touch the door handles and you get a 'littel bit burnt' to put it mildly

#11 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:16 AM

Oh no, I can't believe I fell for that one about the BMW too! I did think it was a bit strange. Doh!
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#12 centralhilleagle

centralhilleagle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:51 AM

COYI, I saw that too, but weren't the flame throwers fitted to the cars retrospectively by a third party? I don't think BMW would have manufactured them with flame throwers, I dare say they were bought in and fitted later (possibly by BMW SA).

#13 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:53 AM

Sounds like Q had some input there ! But i thought he only worked on Aston Martins.

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#14 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

Here's the proof the BMW advert was a spoof...

I think the celebrity Avril Premiere already has one of those...
http://www.bmweducat...w...9&topicID=5

European.vote - EU Referendum

#15 hild

hild

Gardening Geek

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:46 PM

Meanwhile, I managed to see an April fools where there wasn't one! During the morning news they were talking about the extended bus passes, but being half asleep I heard that they were extending them to everyONE rather than everyWHERE and thought that was rather a good April fool... Oh well, at least I did manage to spot the penguin!