• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#16 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

Could someone who has the leaflet let me know what time it finishes?

#17 Liz29

Liz29

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:57 AM

I thought it was fantastic and ended up spending a fortune on sausages :P

It was so nice to see people enjoying themselves and afterwards I persuaded my mum to walk the whole triangle with me and we ended up spending shedloads more in Glitter & Twisted and Feast so it really made me get out and about more and will hopefully persuade others to do the same.

#18 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:21 AM

Enjoyed the market, especially the sausage stall where we stocked up. It would be great to see a cheese stall and fresh fish and meat as whilst it's good to have our local shops represented, in the long term, I see the market more as a place to offer produce not already available in the triangle's shops. I can visit the bakery and Smash Bang Wallop any time and would be more likely to make regular visits to the market to buy other things, like cheese! Please, let's have a cheese stall; I do miss the Cheese Box very much :D . Having a more diverse range of produce will help to increase the footfall in the triangle anyway and thus, ensure more business for the shops.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#19 Liz29

Liz29

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:33 AM

I thought it was fantastic, really pleased to see it back again on sat 31st, good leafleting...
Everybody should support this! I loved it....nice little stalls, super idea.
x

I saw from miss_g's post that the market is back on the 31st and just want to make sure that this is still the case as I'm desperate to go again :D

#20 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:36 AM

yeah think so there are posters everywhere -
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#21 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

Unfortunately I missed the first one, however, palacegirl and palacemate will be there :)

I have not seen a leaflet, it starts at 10 and goes until????
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#22 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:06 PM

Village sausages were the best - more SOSAAGES please - we love the Tuscany Tomato............................... More lettuce too please

#23 clairy

clairy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

Glad to see this is happening again. Did the barbecue from the Numidie lot ever happen? It was a bit rainy when I was there.

#24 alma

alma

• Sponsors
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:56 PM

Could someone who has the leaflet let me know what time it finishes?

Hi GillW.

There isn't officially a finish time. The first one finished about 5pm, but a lot of the stalls had sold out by then so best to get there earlier ;)

Clairy - Numidie were selling their lamb sausages and despite the rain they sold out within an hour and a half :D They'll be back better stocked this time as well as The Alma's own BBQ run by Rolan Dack who trained with Marco Pierre-White and Richard Corrigan B)

Charlie - Village Sausages are going to do every other market because they want to keep their pitch in Richmond. So they'll be back for the 14th June.

Gekko - I agree wholeheartedly and we're doing our best to get a cheese stall, fresh fish and meat. Watch this space!

At the Alma Garden Market on Saturday 31st may there will be new stalls selling Burlesque glamour, lanterns, leather, strawberries, orchids and Feast Choclatier.

http://www.myspace.c...lmagardenmarket
Charlie
charlie@thealmapub.com

#25 alma

alma

• Sponsors
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

Fans of the Sausage man: if you want to tell him how much he was appreciated at the market, his shop number is 020 8325 5475 ;)
Charlie
charlie@thealmapub.com

#26 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for the updates Alma. Looking forwards to the market tomorrow - hoping to breakfast at the BBQ again. We were one of the lucky ones who got there early enough for the Numidie bbq last time and very nice it was too. Might try the Alma bbq this time. Hopefully the weather will be a bit better this weekend too!
Mel, Forum Moderator

#27 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:21 AM

Sounds geat --- is Mediterranea going to have a stall this Saturday? it'll be great to see some Italian stuff on sale :-)
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#28 Aliceg

Aliceg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

The Alma market is a great success! But I do wonder if they would benefit from a sign or some flyer distribution on the busy stretches of the triangle because I'm sure there were lots of people unaware of its existence.

I'd also like to add my voice to the request for more food stalls (esp fish and cheese ..... PLEASE!)

WELL DONE ALMA!

#29 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

I loved it !!

yummy organic Burger from the BBQ, chocolates, little presents and to sit down, have a chat and a beer. Will be back and will tell everybody I know in the area to come and support it.

Great work !

P :)
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#30 duckec01

duckec01

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

Great addition to the Triangle, but yes more food please!