• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#31 rennie

rennie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:09 AM

I stopped by on Saturday morning... it's a great addition to the triangle. Next time, I shall sample the delicious BBQ on offer too.

#32 alma

alma

• Sponsors
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

The next Alma Garden Market will be on Saturday 14th June. After that it will be weekly. The Sausage man is back! We have a butcher selling free range meat coming, and we're working on cheese and fish!

I'll be updating as and when new stalls confirm.
Charlie
charlie@thealmapub.com

#33 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

Weekly - wow! Good going Alma. Great news about the meat - getting a butcher in as well as the sausage peeps back is a real coup. Looking forwards to the cheese though :D so hopefully you can find someone.

Gekko (aka Cheese Fiend)
Mel, Forum Moderator

#34 Liz29

Liz29

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:41 AM

Hooray!!!!!!

Love the sausage man and can highly recommend the Chorizo ones :P

Meat, fish and cheese stalls will just make it perfect.

#35 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

SO fab! :D

#36 rennie

rennie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:32 PM

Ooooh, cheese! :D

#37 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:52 PM

BRING IT ON .....
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#38 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:42 PM

Just a quick plea to the market coordinator. Please could you ask Efisio from Mediterranea to set up a stall there? Really enjoyed being able to buy his Sardinian produce at the Love Our Shops event today - cheese, oil, salami - it's perfect for the market and I do feel there need to be more food stalls there for it to work longer term.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#39 alma

alma

• Sponsors
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:19 PM

Hi Gekko

I have it on authority that contact with Efisio from Mediterranea has been made and it is looking likely that he will be selling his Mediterranean fare at the next market :)
Charlie
charlie@thealmapub.com

#40 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:14 AM

Cool.

When is the next one?

#41 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:29 AM

Wonderful - thanks very much Alma :) .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#42 leep

leep

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:08 PM

There seems to be more and more in that garden market.

Would like to see it spill out around surrounding areas of the alma / church road.

Its a great addition, and my first stop on a saturday morning / afternoon!

thank you!
Local web / print design collaboration
web: www.subversedesign.co.uk
e-mail: thestudio@subversedesign.co.uk

#43 alma

alma

• Sponsors
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:42 PM

Hi Leep.

We'd love to see it expand, but we can only do it on our property for obvious reasons. However, last Saturday was the first "Love Our Shops Church Road Traders' Day" and had stalls all along Church Road.

That was a success and that combined with the continuing popularity of the Alma Garden Market has shown the demand for local producers and artists' fare and ware. Hopefully it will grow organically as it were.

BTW

Inside the Alma we're currently providing space for local artists to exhibit their work. Currently on display is work by award winning local photographer Paul Richardson.

If any other local artists are interested in exhibiting inside the Alma or in the garden, please get in touch.
Charlie
charlie@thealmapub.com

#44 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

Loved the spit roast and the strawberry stall! Strawberries every which way, even with the famous black pepper on. Had mine in the form of Eton Mess - delish!

#45 miss_g

miss_g

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:37 PM

I have to say, we did i price compare with price of veg at sainsbury's and the veg stall. The veg stall for the majority of things is cheaper i.e. peppers about 50p at the stall, 70 p....
things that were a little more expensive at the stall were worth their weight in gold. absolutely fabulous tastes...We are using sainsbury's just to get our hardware stuff now..it is just so yummy and organic, for little of the price
and as for the sausages awesome.........and got some great unusual hair clips from voodoo betty....
you couldn't really ask for more, I hope it stays forever....it is just nice to get out for a stroll and come home with heavy bags, brilliant.
x