Photo

Special Social Event in June

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: How many of you are interested in coming? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

n.b. please confirm your reservation by making a deposit (which will go to charity)

1. 1 (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. 2 (5 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. 3 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. 0 (not coming) (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

We will be holding our 31st social event for members and friends of Virtual Norwood Forum at Lorenzo's Restaurant, 73 Westow Hill, Crystal Palace SE19 1TX, Telephone 020 8761 7485, Web www.lorenzo.uk.com on Tuesday 17th June 2008 at 7pm for 7.30pm

This special celebratory social event will include a pizza and a few drinks to mark the occasion of the 10th anniversary of Virtual Norwood.

As usual our invitation is open to everyone, members and their friends alike, and we would like as many people to come as possible. However because we are organising a sit down meal in a restaurant we need to confirm how many people are attending more accurately than our usual method of running an online poll. Therefore we will be taking a small deposit to confirm places at this event.

The deposits that we collect will be put towards a charitable donation to Crystal Palace Rotary Club. Our local Rotary Club is a registered charity that has supported local causes such as Demelza House, Emmaus, and the British Home at Crown Point, Christmas parties for the elderly in CP, plus the Stroke Association, Marie Curie and International Aid Relief. If we make a 'no strings attached' donation to the Rotary Club their charity committee can determine how best to allocate the funds for charitable purposes. The amount donated by VN on behalf of the guests attending will be 100% of the funds we receive after PayPal have deducted their handling fees (20p + 3.4% per transaction). We would suggest a minimum donation of 5 per person but if you would like to donate more that would be appreciated. If you have a PayPal account please send your payment to events@virtualnorwood.com. If you do not have an account please email me and I will send you an email back with a payment request which also includes the option for credit card and debit card payments. Please can you indicate how many people you would like to confirm a place for (real names will be helpful). Payment for your meal and drinks will be made directly between you and the restaurant on the night.

Please confirm your places at this event by Thursday 12th June at the latest. Confirming as soon as you can will help us to make our arrangements with the restaurant :)

I hope lots of people will be able to come to this event and help us to raise money for our local Rotary club.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#2 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:13 PM

You might want to change the title, James. ;)

#3 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:24 PM

word for the day: jannism - a quick to shoot editor, duck and cover!

#4 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

The typos are cleverly inserted to draw out the lurkers ;)

By the way, if you are planning to come it might be a good idea to post a reply to this topic to say you are coming, to give a bit of feedback to everyone else that is considering coming too.

#5 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:54 AM

You can use this link to make a payment for the deposit...
https://www.paypal.c...n...e=GBP&lc=GB

#6 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:14 AM

...or if you're not planning to come, like me - perhaps just knowing I won't be there is incentive enough to get you along... ;)

Have good one!

#7 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:54 AM

Christine and I will both be coming - will pay the deposit later today.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#8 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:08 PM

I will be there as well...
Nick, Forum Moderator

#9 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:11 PM

Great! :)

By the way, the new menu for Lorenzo's is now online. New dishes include Fettuccine Salmone, Calamari Fritti and Bianchetti.

#10 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:12 AM

Deposit now paid for me and Christine. See you soon!

Mx
Mel, Forum Moderator

#11 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:36 AM

I will be unable to attend but I wish the event every success.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#12 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:04 PM

Thanks Uncle Wilf and Jannism. We'll certainly miss you on the night.

I've had a lot of promising interest in our anniversary event and several people have sent their deposits in already. Even though we are taking deposits to confirm attendance for this special event (which is going to charity) I thought it would be worth running a mini poll to help see how many people are interested. Please don't be put off by the deposits - it's necessary for this event so that we can get the restaurant seating correctly organised and all the proceeds are going to charity.

Oh, did I mention it's for charity? ;)

#13 StephenB

StephenB

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

I've signed up too; see you all there.

#14 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:02 AM

Just three weeks to go ;)

If you'd like to join us at Lorenzo's, please can you confirm your places by Thursday 12th June at the latest.

The payment page for the 5 deposit is here...
https://www.paypal.c...n...e=GBP&lc=GB

#15 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

Hi James

Sorry but will be doing my adonis bit in Cyprus at that time.

Have a great day & congrats again James.

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig