• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 annette at vh

annette at vh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:05 PM

An invitation to all Crystal Palace lovers to come and join in with a celebration of the Crystal Palace Triangle between 10am and 4pm on Saturday 21 June!

There'll be live music, pavement stalls, a FREE eco shopping bag to pick up, discount vouchers for the shops, the chance to chat and discover what's right here on your doorstep, and lots more fab things going on. See posters around the Triangle in the coming days for more information!

The wonderful Alma Garden Market will be happening on the day too, so it's a great opportunity to bring along your friends and introduce them to our fantastic, friendly and creative community.

Love Crystal Palace? See you there ...

#2 rennie

rennie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:53 PM

I'm intrigued. Who's organising this?

#3 annette at vh

annette at vh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:27 AM

LOVE OUR SHOPS on Saturday 21 June is being organised jointly by some of the Crystal Palace shops who belong to the local Business Partnership Group.

It's a celebration of our community, being hosted by the community, for the community to enjoy.

Watch this thread for more details nearer the time!

#4 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:15 PM

excellent! finally something happens on a saturday when I am in town!

#5 Green Thing

Green Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

We want the day to be as much of a celebration of Crystal Palace as possible, so if any local business people have any promotional materials they'd displayed on the day, please drop them off at It's A Green Thing (79 Church Road) before the 21st and we'll find a space for them. Posters up to A3, flyers, samples, anything like that. The more the merrier.

See you on the day!

#6 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

Next Saturday 21st June is Traders Day as the tiltle suggests. The Traders have been encouraged to take part in this local event. We in Church Road are certainly getting behind it. We are always portrayed as the poor relation of the three roads but I ask you to think about this, We have a great junk shop, two vintage clothing shops ( one of them voted as one of the top 100 London shops by Time out!) two fantastic gift shops, an eco friendly product shop, a designer clothes shop, an internet cafe, a wonderful hair products and wig shop and an outdoor market. Why wouldn't you give us a go!

PLease come up to the Triangle next saturday and bring the children - there will be things for them too.

#7 Sheriff

Sheriff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:23 PM

Sounds good! Not sure if I missed this, but where is it - at the Alma Garden Market?

#8 Green Thing

Green Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:50 PM

It's all over Church Road, with stalls both at the Alma Garden Market and further down on the pavement outside Bambino's. Food, music, stalls....gonna be great.

#9 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

We are always portrayed as the poor relation of the three roads

The more I live here and the more I spend in the shops in Church Rd actually ....
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#10 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

We will be away :( Hope it goes really well. We would definitely have come had we been around. And I want a Palace shopping bag to swank round with. Are they for sale somewhere on normal days??

#11 annette at vh

annette at vh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:02 PM

The eco shopping bags aren't for sale at the moment, though they will be available to buy after 21 June at future markets. Have a look around the Triangle over the weekend for a sneak preview!

Thanks to all for the interest being shown in this community event. We hope as many of you as possible will be able to make it on the day.

#12 annette at vh

annette at vh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:54 AM

By now i hope lots of you have seen the posters, flyers and eco shopping bags dotted around the triangle. In case you haven't, here's a run down of what's going on in Church Road this saturday:

Pavement stalls including takeaway food from Shelina Tandoori and breads & cheeses from Mediterranea (now made famous by owner Efisio's appearance on the Gordon Ramsay food programme last night!); vintage fashion; eco-friendly cosmetics from Planta; fabulous & stylish designs from Emmeline4re; vintage gramphone swing; plus the South London Jazz Orchestra at the White Hart (11-1pm), and live music from Mendicant and Bola (in the afternoon). And you can pick up some eco freebies, and you can even learn how to crochet at our knitting & crochet drop-in!

Weather permitting, you'll be able to see a few of our local artists at work too.

Come and pick up a discount voucher, and have a wander round all the triangle shops this weekend : with the Alma Garden Market going on too, it's a great opportunity to celebrate our local community.

#13 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:36 PM

shame really - I am away the whole weekend......... hope it goes well!!!
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#14 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:18 PM

Mendicant will be outside the Alma - great band, go see them!

#15 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:25 PM

Out of town for the weekend and going to miss it. Gutted.

Have fun everyone! B)
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter