• Please log in to reply
789 replies to this topic

#46 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:32 PM

Which recipe did you use? Nothing to be embarrassed at - I often see things on cookery shows like CDWM, Masterchef (tho they are a bit different lol), and fancy having a go!

Last week's wednesday episode, I can't remember what he did :unsure: oh, aspragus wrapped in parma ham, beef bourgignon with dauphinoise potatoes, and... oops, can't remember!! :blink: Oh no, chocolate mousse with raspberry coulis I think!!
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#47 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:45 PM

On cottage hols this week. I was within an hour of finishing the Back to the Future trilogy in a single day... but got tired and went to bed.
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#48 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

Iran & The West recorded from BBC Two. Really quite well made.
Nick, Forum Moderator

#49 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:18 PM

Moc, it was a terrine. It was nice. We are similarly addicted to Masterchef but also way behind on the recordings we've made. Only get to watch it after the event most of the time.

That menu rings a bell but I thought we were just watching old ones from 2006 or so, on More 4 or something. I will check with the keeper of the remote control.

So that means a Norwood area one has been done. Or was it a general "London-based" group?

Sorry to go a bit off topic but it's not really because CDWM and Masterchef are actually about all we're watching at the mo, due to late nights at work and/or the absence of anything good to watch when we're wanting to.

#50 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

This was the latest series, show on channel 4 at 5.30 or channel 4+1 at 6.30. It was a South London group - two from Sydenham, one from Clapham, one from Putney and then Peter from Streatham. CDWM is great background tv that you kind of find yourself watching in spite of yourself, when it is on :)

Thoroughly absorbed with Masterchef too. Some of the food they produce is simply breath-taking.
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#51 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:47 PM

recorded something on bbc4 last night about musical comedy... 'twas very very good and will probably be repeated at some point.

tonight - thinking of renting a cheesey film from blockbuster...
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#52 fungigirl

fungigirl

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:50 PM

The Simpsons.

#53 Nick

Nick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

Will be watching Survivors tonight not a patch on the original but still OK viewing by Terry Nation but hoping the BBC will update Blakes 7 shortly another Terry nation adaption.

Dazza

I believe that the original series can be found on a certain well known short video clip website :rolleyes:

Anyhow the new Michael Mcintyre DVD has been gracing my TV for about the fifth time. So funny. Now onto a Dara O'Briain DVD this week brought from Zaavi just before it closed...
Nick, Forum Moderator

#54 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:03 PM

Still working my way through the excellent Folk America series that was shown on BBC Four recently. I recorded the lot, which amounts to about 25 hours and my other half is starting to get a bit fed up of me watching 'yet another folk programme'. I love it though :) .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#55 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:26 AM

bbc comic relief dancing thing

it made me cry with laughter....
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#56 Kurt

Kurt

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

Cold Case on Virgin on demand. Trashy crime series about long-forgotten murder cases that end up being solved by a feisty Philly detective. Strangely poignant and affecting, in spite of its trashiness.

#57 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

I did not know there were so many CDWM fans among us - never mind the partner of an actual participant! Love the commentary. Our recorder went doolally so I've missed a few recently. Can you say who the other people were on the prog in question Spoon?

Also loving Masterchef.

#58 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:20 AM

Nanazola, there are loads of closet CDWM fans! Work people are coming out of the shadows bit by bit too.

I'm sorry to say I can't remember who else was up against the terrine man but that you should (if you haven't got (grrrrr) Vista) have the opportunity to see it on C4OD. I have never been able to partake myself but you should be able to see old episodes there if it (C4OD) does what it says. My Vista is unable to install the relevant software. I remember from when we had the big "CP on Location Location Location" thread some moons ago. I could only download a three-minute extract. It was later repeated so I've seen it but that wasn't the point.

Back to what are you watching and well - no change. Got back from work at 11pm and watched the Masterchef semi-final from last week. Now trying to wind down but when I've had no evening (as in, of my own), I still drag out some R&R. Currently debating whether to carry on trying to chill or go to bed. To cap it all, one of my clients was on Masterchef so there's no escape, though it was very interesting seeing them in another context. They weren't cooking, they were guinea pigs at a dinner the contestants made.

#59 andyk

andyk

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

Just finished a marathon of watching stuff I Sky Plussed over christmas while the mrs is away...

Get this.

Best of Benny Hill - quality. the guy was a genius.
Close encounters of the 3rd kind.
Some garbage produced by Adam Sandler
and right now, 633 squadron. Superb stuff.

#60 Nick

Nick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:04 PM

I've just watched Margaret recorded off of BBC HD. A really fine piece of drama that picked up the contradictions that exist in any political career.
Nick, Forum Moderator