• Please log in to reply
789 replies to this topic

#61 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:40 AM

I enjoyed Margaret too, but Lindsay Duncan was a bit too feminine - I am sure Margaret Thatcher never swished her hips like that as she walked! :D

CDWM aside (what a bunch of weirdos on Sunday night!), the program I have most enjoyed watching, but recently finished, was Victorian Farm.
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#62 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

Ah, we are legion, as Spoon says! Was that CDWM the one with the Philippino lady ("moossahkah dahling!"), the angel lady (with the potty mouth) and the man who loved the smell of deer blood?

Pure. Cookin. Genius.

#63 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:17 PM

That must have been one of the strangest CDWM's ever! Nearly as funny as when Dawn from Preston fell alseep during her dinner party and her hair went in her avocado :lol:
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#64 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

I remember the Preston one too, cos I lived there as a young 'un. Apart from Narcoleptic Dawn, there was Desperate Bern the Hissy-Fit Carpet Man, and the man who planted his garden with plastic flowers, who turned out to be one of the more sane. Plus hilariously inedible food and Dave Lamb's commentary. You can keep your Wires and your Sopranos, this is what telly was made for.

Any contenders? http://www.channel4....part/dine1.html

#65 Simply Me

Simply Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:09 PM

The trailer for Wolverine. It looks great!

#66 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

Liverpool vs Sunderland out of the corner of my eye. 'Pool up 1-0.
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#67 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:17 AM

World Builder by Bruce Branit

European.vote - EU Referendum

#68 guineagirl

guineagirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:06 PM

The first part of Red Riding this afternoon, although I couldn't get Channel 4 catch-up to work on Firefox, it worked fine on IE.

Was wonderful, if utterly bleak and depressing, and the first thing I've watched on TV in years that will really leave me thinking for days to come, rather than just 'passing in front of my eyes' as I like to say. Also Andrew Garfield is *wonderful*

#69 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:37 AM

Last night's telly was a total treat.
Started out with the most astonishing underwater footage of predators on the South African sardine run - I have never seen wildlife footage like you get on the recent Attenborough series. Couldn't breathe from amazement throughout much of it. I have been really cheesed off at BBC docu types who have talked to me about underwater work (my area) and all they want is frigg'n' bait balls.....but now I sort of understand. Watching this will change you forever. What a world we live in.
Went on to amazing engineering explanations from the cute, smart one from Top Gear. Did a full programme on how they built the 'Troll' gas platform which made me want to cash it all in and become a gas engineer. Seriously! The physics of balancing the world's tallest structure on a base of jello where it is continuously buffeted by huge waves is mind blowing. And it was all explained in a way that made it incredibly fun. You technophile VN-ers (Nick, Elmo....) you've gotta see this.
Then wrapped up with Paxo explaining quite convincingly how the Victorian age was a time of the most unsettling changes and why this made some of them produce really crap art. I got to thinking how many of us, in this Victorian suburb, are probably living in or near houses where people were doing all this crazy new fangled stuff like seances, while others were marvelling at the inventions of modernity.

#70 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

'Meet the Family' for the umpteenth time. Every time, I think it can't still be that funny, but I'll give it a try. Then I end up choking with laughter, esp the cat milking scene.

#71 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:39 PM

Last night I accidently watched the very moving 2nd part of the BBC trilogy - Building the Olympic Dream - The Last Stand at Stratford. The inevitability of the outcome of the CPO process to demolish the Clays Lane estate, the factories and Manor Gardens allotments to create the Olympic village was so very sad and as a former resident of the Clays Lane Estate, when I was a student in the 80s, it was even more poignant. What particularly struck me about the so called regeneration of this area......... is that one man's rundown wasteland was another's common heritage which is now sadly gone forever. Let's hope it will all be worth it.

#72 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:06 AM

I also watched this programme. I hadn't expected much from it and only watched it because there was nothing else on. However, it was a real eye-opener and I felt sorry for those whose lives were being trampled on by the Olympic 'dream'. It was fine for Mr. Forman who had the money and status to ensure that his needs were met and views heard, but it was sad to hear the plight of those whose houses are being demolished and whose allotments are being bulldozed. Just shows you there are two sides to the Olympic story and we have been led to believe that the site is just wasteland when in fact the building of the Olympic village is having a huge impact on local people's lives.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#73 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:56 AM

I've been enjoying the Lost World of Communism on BBC2 which unfortunately is not on the BBC iPlayer website. Some of the footage that was taken in defiance of the security forces was quite impressive, especially during the Prague Spring.
Nick, Forum Moderator

#74 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:08 AM

The Apprentice. How difficult is it to clean a few cars? :D

#75 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

The women were a shambles, really let the side down! I wanted the really bitchy one to get fired but I think Suralan likes the feisty ones.
Mel, Forum Moderator