• Please log in to reply
789 replies to this topic

#91 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:22 PM

Overweight spotty lads in toga unwillingly serving (depressed) city boys and un-amused city girls ain't exacting a clever business plan .... what were they thinking?? they wanted to charge 60 per person for the buffet then dropped to 15 to have THAT???? I would have choked over the cold vol en vent if I saw that show.

They deserved to go ...
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#92 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

Considering both 'project managers' have a background in food, the food both teams produced was shockingly bad! I don't understand why the boys had to go with a 'theme', and couldn't just concentrate on good food, served properly... another episode with me sat at home shaking my head in disbelief and wondering where they get these 'high-flyers' from! :-D
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#93 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

Die Hard in 30 seconds, re-enacted by bunnies...
http://www.angryalie...diehardbuns.asp
(Res. Dogs unbleeped is pretty good too)

European.vote - EU Referendum

#94 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

Classic Apprentice this week. Canapes the size of breeze blocks... blinis (sorry, bellinis) interpreted as industrial pancakes enveloping a chunk of courgette... England as a cube of cheddar and single chunk of Branston on a stick... representing 'Asian stuff', chicken tikka vol-au-vents... and from the land of plenty, peanut butter sandwiches. All served with the heady whiff of desperation.

Truly these guys deliver nothing short of Apprentice excellence!

#95 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

Anyone see 'Five Minutes of Heaven' last night? One of the best telly dramas I've ever seen. James Nesbitt particularly and Liam Neeson were astonishing. Writing, staging and dramatic structure gripping. Still thinking about it.

#96 hild

hild

Gardening Geek

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

Quite astonishingly, ITV has hidden away a little gem on ITV3 at 10pm on Tuesdays - Ladies of letters with Maureen Lipman and Anne Reid, it's absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately it's reaching the end of the series but I'm holding my thumbs for another series! Remember listening to it on Radio4 about eight or nine years ago whilst redecorating my then new flat and loving it, and the TV-series has been just as good.

#97 miss emma

miss emma

Crafting whizz

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:30 AM

My mum has been really into Ladies of Letters.
I'm really enjoying the new BBC 1 series All the small things.
Gorgeous gifts handmade in SE19, The 39 Stitches

#98 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

The Alan Whicker series. Last night covered his visit to Haiti in the 60s where he met the autocratic 'president for life', Papa Doc. Fascinating stuff.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#99 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

Anyone see 'Five Minutes of Heaven' last night? One of the best telly dramas I've ever seen. James Nesbitt particularly and Liam Neeson were astonishing. Writing, staging and dramatic structure gripping. Still thinking about it.

Yes and agree totally! But surely James Nesbitt has had a hair transplant? I saw him being interviewed about this play and noticed it then.
aka Pie

#100 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

Oh rilly? Didn't notice, but good luck to him. Liking him more and more as an actor.

#101 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:47 PM

The Apprentice last night was brilliant. I have to say that Nick's "Anyway I'll leave that with you..." moment was a classic.
Nick, Forum Moderator

#102 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

I keep missing this as it has clashed with my beloved ManYoo the past two weeks. Is this series of The Apprentice different in any way or is it a case of same old same old? Have to say I'm getting a bit bored of the format.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#103 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:57 PM

Is The Inbetweeners completely off-swank?

#104 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

Is this series of The Apprentice different in any way or is it a case of same old same old? Have to say I'm getting a bit bored of the format.

It is basically still the same formula, but it is supposed to be more recession/bust/depression friendly in the tasks and the locations. The level of stupidity amongst the candidates seems to be higher and the ability to make bizarre mistakes is higher. It is good entertainment, but how long it can carry on I don't know.
Nick, Forum Moderator

#105 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:16 AM

Well, they keep choosing cartoon contestants with a built-in ridiculous factor, over genuine business entrepreneurs, so who knows! One odious little guy, who looks like Tyrone from Coronation St but thinks he is the best looking guy to ever walk the planet, keeps threatening to 'bite out their teeth' of anyone who crosses him. Ew. The mistake on Wednesday was classic indeed, but still not quite as appallingly bad as the kosher chicken fiasco from the last series!!
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage