Photo

The Exhibition Rooms

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (114 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (50 votes [43.10%])

Percentage of vote: 43.10%

2. Good (31 votes [26.72%])

Percentage of vote: 26.72%

3. Average (22 votes [18.97%])

Percentage of vote: 18.97%

4. Poor (13 votes [11.21%])

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#256 Honey_dip21

Honey_dip21

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Really like this place....they're doing some great deals at the moment... like "Comfort Food Mondays with all you can eat Mussels for £9.95 all night long... a pretty good deal I say.. I certainly don't mind spending my money in this establishment. Been told they will be open Christmas day... the menu looks good http://www.theexhibi...ms.com/home.php

Edited by Honey_dip21, 06 November 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#257 Chuck

Chuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

The Exhibition room are ok . Cocktails are nice . But if you planning a big bday and want to put a few decorations on the table don't bother . It seems it will lower the tone of the place . The manager is [edit] .

Edited by Summit Lover, 10 November 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#258 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

that might be right, However, for a dinner for two / four it is PERFECT. We went on Tuesday - arrived at 6.45pm just in time for the 'early bird' dinner offer. 2 courses for £12 - I had spinach tart with wild mushrooms as a starter and a gorgeous, huge steak and hand cut chips for mains. good value on the wine list too as there was a special offer on too!

Still one of my favourite dinner places.....
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#259 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

had a meal with friends yesterday...positively wonderful host...new man... worth the entrance fee alone!

#260 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

What entrance fee?

#261 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

new host as in new waiter, or as in new owner??? :blink:

#262 DogDayCare06

DogDayCare06

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Love it hear, although can be a pain to find a seat to sit and eat the bar food. The bar burgers they do are lovely, a full sized meal, quickly prepared and all for £8. Me and my partner love a mid week burger with a few 2-4-1 cocktails here.

#263 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

We had a lovely meal in the restaurant last night - all 4 of us agreed top notch food and very good wine (the Zinfandel is to die for). We were served by a charming young lady too, very impressed overall :)

#264 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Is that the same Zin that was in there a couple of years back? Lovely lovely wine...
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#265 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Is that the same Zin that was in there a couple of years back? Lovely lovely wine...

Pretty sure it is - although it has crept up in price a tad!

#266 exhibitionrooms

exhibitionrooms

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Hello all and a Happy New Year. I would like to take this opertunity to thank you for the reviews both good and bad, as it helps us to see where we can improve on our food and service.

Also I would like to inform all that Brendan has now left us to start a new life down under and we wish him well. We have tempted Hannah back to manage the restaurant for us, and I think she is doing a fantastic job. We have also been lucky enough to have Roger and Greame join our front of house team.

Please keep an eye out for all our latest offers, at the end of last year we introduced on a Monday night, all you can eat mussels with a choice of three sauces and frites all for £9.99. This was well recieved and will carry it on through till the spring along with gormet burger night .We will also carry on with our steak night on Tuesday's which has been a great success over the past couple of years. And for those who enjoy a drink we do WIne Wednesday's which is half price selected wines to enjoy with dinner, these choices change from week to week. And not forgetting two for one on all cocktails downstairs on Thursday nights along with our DJ playing great tunes all night.

Thank you again for your continued support.

All the very best for 2013 David and Geoff.

#267 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Thanks David and Geoff - always good to get interaction/feedback from the businesses themselves :)

#268 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about where that Zin is from!
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#269 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

I love Steak Tuesdays, and I am liking the sound of Wine Wednesdays... :D
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#270 Honey_dip21

Honey_dip21

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hello all and a Happy New Year. I would like to take this opertunity to thank you for the reviews both good and bad, as it helps us to see where we can improve on our food and service.

Also I would like to inform all that Brendan has now left us to start a new life down under and we wish him well. We have tempted Hannah back to manage the restaurant for us, and I think she is doing a fantastic job. We have also been lucky enough to have Roger and Greame join our front of house team.

Please keep an eye out for all our latest offers, at the end of last year we introduced on a Monday night, all you can eat mussels with a choice of three sauces and frites all for £9.99. This was well recieved and will carry it on through till the spring along with gormet burger night .We will also carry on with our steak night on Tuesday's which has been a great success over the past couple of years. And for those who enjoy a drink we do WIne Wednesday's which is half price selected wines to enjoy with dinner, these choices change from week to week. And not forgetting two for one on all cocktails downstairs on Thursday nights along with our DJ playing great tunes all night.

Thank you again for your continued support.

All the very best for 2013 David and Geoff.

Hey David and Geoff... Happy New Year!!!... thanks for your lovely informative note.... :) Looking forward to the return of the boys on thursday nights...it's always such a good night :D are they playing this Thursday?