Photo

The Exhibition Rooms

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (114 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (50 votes [43.10%])

Percentage of vote: 43.10%

2. Good (31 votes [26.72%])

Percentage of vote: 26.72%

3. Average (22 votes [18.97%])

Percentage of vote: 18.97%

4. Poor (13 votes [11.21%])

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#271 exhibitionrooms

exhibitionrooms

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hi Honey

They are indeed back on Thursday. Thank you for all your messages, we will now use this forum to let every one know what's going on in the future. And get to know you guys.

Also I realise opportunity is incorrectly spelt. I am blaming my I pad for that one.

David

#272 Honey_dip21

Honey_dip21

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Nice one David... looking forward to this Thursday... I'll be there.. if not before. :D

#273 Caradeuc

Caradeuc

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hello all and a Happy New Year. I would like to take this opertunity to thank you for the reviews both good and bad, as it helps us to see where we can improve on our food and service.

Also I would like to inform all that Brendan has now left us to start a new life down under and we wish him well. We have tempted Hannah back to manage the restaurant for us, and I think she is doing a fantastic job. We have also been lucky enough to have Roger and Greame join our front of house team.

Please keep an eye out for all our latest offers, at the end of last year we introduced on a Monday night, all you can eat mussels with a choice of three sauces and frites all for £9.99. This was well recieved and will carry it on through till the spring along with gormet burger night .We will also carry on with our steak night on Tuesday's which has been a great success over the past couple of years. And for those who enjoy a drink we do WIne Wednesday's which is half price selected wines to enjoy with dinner, these choices change from week to week. And not forgetting two for one on all cocktails downstairs on Thursday nights along with our DJ playing great tunes all night.

Thank you again for your continued support.

All the very best for 2013 David and Geoff.

Hi. What can we look forward to in the Spring menu?

#274 hlp10

hlp10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Hi
At the moment I'am working with my brother who has taken over the family farm in Leicestershire. We are breeding a rare Welsh pig that produces the most wonderful deep rich flavour. Also some reared Jacob lambs should be ready early to late summer all being well. And some different breed's of chicken.

In the kitchen we are starting to experiment with the Sous Vide technique of cooking and it will be intresting to see the results. We also want to start a scheme with local gardeners, when you have a glut of produce this summer from your garden we would be interested in buying from you at market price, and putting it on the menu. Please let me know if this is of any interest.

David

#275 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

What a great idea! Even though I've copy-edited a cookbook for Queen Delia, I had to Google sous vide! So, for fellow ignoramuses: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sous-vide

#276 exhibitionrooms

exhibitionrooms

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hi GillW thanks for pointing out what sous vide means.

#277 ptg23

ptg23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

sounds an intresting method of cooking, I look forward to seeing what goes on the menu.

#278 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

See now, I've been taking a great interest in Sous Vide on Masterchef, but I've never had a dish cooked that way. I'd be very interested to see what it's like...

Edited by nikdevlin, 09 January 2013 - 02:48 PM.

I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#279 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

We also want to start a scheme with local gardeners, when you have a glut of produce this summer from your garden we would be interested in buying from you at market price, and putting it on the menu. Please let me know if this is of any interest.

David

I think the local gardeners scheme is a fantastic idea and will be very well received - you could contact some local allotments too, they'd be more than happy to help out with this, I'm sure!
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#280 ptg23

ptg23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

I will ask at my allotment if there is intrest - sadly I dont produce enough for me let alone anyone else!

#281 reilloc

reilloc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

Had heard good things about the Exhibition Rooms and so was quite keen to try it out last June. Sadly, in my opinion it did not live up to its hype. The food was good but seemed a tad pricey in comparison to other restaurants locally.

The real problem was the service. There was some sort of gathering going on downstairs and the staff seemed much more interested in chatting to the guests coming and going from this. Consequently, service was slow.

The real problem, however, came when we got the bill. They tried to charge for a bottle of argentinian malbec when my wife had only had one glass (I was on some medication, so only had water). They clearly did not believe this (the duty manager and waitress stood behind the bar discussing it at length) and only grudgingly changed the bill without any apology.

We haven't returned.

#282 JMS

JMS

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

I haven't been to the ER recently but have been a few times before and have always been happy with the food generally and service.

I went for a mothers day meal yesterday which was obviously a very busy day. But I came away quite underwhelmed.

The service was fine but they had run of chips by 6.00pm as well as several deserts. Ended up going for the steaks  but I thought they were very tough and a bit cold.

Maybe just a glitch because they were so busy?

#283 Muffy

Muffy

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

Visited again this week for a midweek meal.

Food was good and portion sizes more than adequate.

Friendly welcome.

Perhaps could be a little more efficient at delivering the drinks and food.

Otherwise enjoyed the evening