Photo

Paprika

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (4 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Good (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Average (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

Paprika
138 Gipsy Hill, London SE19 1PW

Web: not available
Email: not available
Phone: 0871 811 1437

Indian restaurant

#2 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:51 PM

Is this restaurant what used to be the Red Rose? Looking for somewhere new to try this evening, but no one has voted in the poll yet ... has anyone tried it and got an opinion?
aka Pie

#3 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

Yes, Paprika was formerly the Red Rose.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#4 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

Thanks James. We tried it last evening and enjoyed our meals - the menu offers the standard fare plus their own "specials". The waiters were very pleasant and friendly and the cost pretty good value at 50 for 3. Not sure about the colour scheme though - very orange - and they could do with a few pictures on the wall to liven up the decor.
aka Pie

#5 Muffy

Muffy

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

Hi
I have always supported this little restaurant - now know as Paprika
I have never had a bad meal in the place
I like the new choices on the menu and better wine list now
Could do with a few pictures on the wall - but I think they are on the way
Best Indian in Gypsy Hill and Crystal Palace
Nuff said

#6 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:06 AM

Well that's an encouraging review Muffy - we will definitely go there again (and ease of parking is another incentive).
aka Pie

#7 claudia

claudia

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:05 PM

I've not been to eat in the restaurant, but have had 2 take-aways from there now - very good food.

#8 J B

J B

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:03 PM

I haven't eaten in, but have had several take outs. The food has been fantastic every time.. I agree, this is the best in the area and the delivery has always been faster than promised.
www.londonorthotics.co.uk

#9 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:35 PM

Had two takeways, and both were tasty but incredibly sweet - maybe I was just unlucky?

#10 syenite01

syenite01

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

I am just finishing Paprika leftovers from last night!

tender lamb dish is still just as nice if not better than last night. The Tarka Dhal was a bit too Garlicy for me, but Mrs Syenite loved it

#11 Woody

Woody

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:00 PM

Really good takeaways from here, has always made me a bit sad as it seems empty so often.

#12 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

I had a meal in there the other night and would like to point out that it is now BYO (bring your own alchohol!). I thought that the food was pretty good, well up there with the other good Palace Indians. I loved the novelty of bringing a beer from the off license opposite for the starters and pulling out of my bag my half finished bottle of Shiraz left over from my Christmas hamper! Quite a saving on the bill, especialy for wine drinkers!Will definately be back.

#13 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

I see there has been no reviews of this restaurant lately, so I am adding my update. We've been there twice recently with two children, and on both occasions we found the food great and the staff friendly and attentive. I chose the veggie balti and asked about the sauce - our waiter said "tell us what you want and we will make it for you". So I did and it was perfect. Everyone else was very happy with the choice, quality and quantity so I can't understand why it doesn't seem to be well-patronised (although there were a few take-aways going out last Friday evening). I would recommend it highly - and the lack of a licence (with no corkage :) ) makes it even more attractive!
aka Pie

#14 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

Paprika has now changed hands and is opening up as an other Indian called 'Eastern something'. Hope it stays BYO, that saved loads off the bill.

#15 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

Don't think so - I was handed a menu at GH station and asked if it was going to have a licence - the answer was yes. It's now open as Eastern Cuisine.
aka Pie