7 replies to this topic

#1 sheff

sheff

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

Hi,

The time has come to repaint my end of terrace wall. After getting some fairly large quotes i thought i'd do it myself (weather permitting!!)
I was wondering if anyone has rented scaffolding and got any recommendations?

I've had a couple of quotes (Norwood Scaffold & one in Streatham) both for the exact same amount but any suggestions are much appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

#2 duncanf

duncanf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

Hi,

The time has come to repaint my end of terrace wall. After getting some fairly large quotes i thought i'd do it myself (weather permitting!!)
I was wondering if anyone has rented scaffolding and got any recommendations?

I've had a couple of quotes (Norwood Scaffold & one in Streatham) both for the exact same amount but any suggestions are much appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt:

I'm in the same position right now and was wondering how you got on with your scaffolding last year? Who did you go with in the end? how was the price/service etc?

Cheers!

D

#3 sheff

sheff

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

Hi Duncan,

I got it from Norwood scaffolding in the end. Price was good (circa 575 for 4 weeks). You pay something like 5% extra for every week after that.
That was the best quote i got, they are by the arches near West Norwood station.

If you are repainting the wall and its in a fairly good condition then 4 weeks is plenty... Get a powered roller brush though, makes painting easy.
I can let you know what paint/materials i used if thats what you are doing?

Service was good on delivery, they put it up within a day of paying.

They do work for local authorities so are fully insured etc.

The only issue is that they havent taken it down yet after i called (to be fair though i only called once and havent bothered since). But then someone got on the scaffolding and tagged my house in grafitti!!

You can always come and take mine down and use it ;-)

Thanks

Matt

#4 babes2002

babes2002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

Hi

We run a small scaffolding business in Upper Norwood, and if you still need a scaffolding we would be more than willing to give you a quote
M&P Access Scaffolding
Thanx

#5 budgieb

budgieb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:49 PM

Hi

We run a small scaffolding business in Upper Norwood, and if you still need a scaffolding we would be more than willing to give you a quote
M&P Access Scaffolding
Thanx

I've used M&P in the past, and found Marlon very competitive, also he removed the scaffolding within a couple of days of my phonecall.

#6 subee

subee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

Does anyone have any recent recommendations for scaffolding? Thanks

#7 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:56 AM

Big Al our resident forum roofer 07932 401488

Top tip when you get your scaffolding up get Big Al to give your roof a service & kill 2 birds with 1 stone !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#8 subee

subee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Big Al our resident forum roofer 07932 401488

Top tip when you get your scaffolding up get Big Al to give your roof a service & kill 2 birds with 1 stone !

Dazza

Thanks Dazza