16 replies to this topic

#1 TheLemster

TheLemster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:24 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a decent car washing / valeting service in the Crystal Palace / Upper Norwood area? My car needs a good ole clean before I try to sell it.

Thanks in advance,

LEmm

#2 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:58 AM

You could try the one in the triangle that has been mentioned in this thread.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#3 eldwick

eldwick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:15 PM

My car is in a terrible state (thanks to my 3 small kids!) and I'm looking for somewhere decent to get it cleaned and valeted so it can feel nice again! I got it done at the (B)right Hand Car Wash in the Triangle last time and it was fine but obviously that has now shut down. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of any of the other ones round here. Most of them look a bit dodgy to be honest, so I have no idea which one is good. There's the one at the Robin Hood - any ideas? or I've seen some on the South Norwood side of Croydon Road? Or there's one near the football ground too....

Let me know of any experiences you've had.
Thanks.

#4 LondonPooley

LondonPooley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:06 PM

I regularly use the one down Sydenham High Street on the left hand side just past the The Dolphin. They are quick and always do a good job. I'd recommend them.

#5 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

I think the Westow Street one has gone but I can't say for sure. There are no more signs for it and the market has been there since.

I used the one in South Norwood (left at the Goat House Bridge from Lancaster Road, on Penge Road - near the late-night Tesco) several times with good results and also the one near the proposed Aldi/Lidl on the road to Elmers End. Sorry for the vague detail - hope you know where I mean, it's on the way to South Norwood away from Penge. At the latter, I asked only for the outside to be done then at the last minute, asked for a quick clean of the inside of the windscreen, expecting to pay for the inside too. They did it and also wiped everything over inside then still insisted on only charging me a fiver (price for exterior) and gave me a sheet of paper for collecting stamps - a loyalty card system - to get six washes for the price of five. My car was then written off (while gleaming - damn!) and I haven't yet had need to go back but I'm about to and will use either of them, depending on my whereabouts when I remember.

#6 eldwick

eldwick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:39 PM

Thanks for this. I'll give one of them a go - once I've cleared out all the rubbish from my car. I'm ashamed to even take it in with the amount of stuff in my car. There's even a load of pine needles still in the boot!
But I know that even if it lasts for just a few days before the kids trash it again, it will be worth it!
Thanks again.

#7 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:09 AM

I've used the one in Penge for a few years and they do a very good job for around 10. If you drive away from the main crossroads by the police station towards the old Savacentre it is on your left by the railway bridge.
Nick, Forum Moderator

#8 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

The 1 in penge near the Nick is by far the best, always have to queue to get in but worth the wait.

Daz
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#9 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:52 PM

Hi Nick,

I'm not quite sure where you mean. Pls could you post a map or something? My car desperately needs cleaning but I'm so lazy I never both to take it.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#10 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

Apologies for that. This is the street view link:
http://maps.google.c...777517564402809

For your 10 you get a jet wash, soap down with extra on your hub caps/alloys, dry wipe down and a complete hoover, dust and inside front window clean and a tyres back to black paint. They do other packages above that, but I find that is enough.

the Nick

Oh no I'm getting a name like David Hasselhoff :ph34r:

Edited by Nick, 01 May 2009 - 01:20 PM.

Nick, Forum Moderator

#11 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

That's great - thanks Nick. I didn't know there was a car wash down that road. The 10 wash sounds perfect for my needs.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#12 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:19 PM

We usually use the one on Sydenham High Road - but that's 'cos I get a discount because the Albanian owner knows I'm married to an Albanian!! :)

#13 magda

magda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:38 AM

Does anyone know of a petrol station where I can go and use hoses etc to clean my own car? I've seen coin operated hoses and special bays in other parts of the country, but not around here.

I don't have space to wash it outside my flat, and although some of the handwashing services around and about are very good, they are all about speed rather than being careful with paintwork, so I'd like to wash my new car myself.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Magda

#14 domwah

domwah

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

Anyone know of a good local car wash valeting service where I can get the inside thoroughly cleaned too.

#15 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

On Sydenham Road (I think it's called) on the way to the Sainsbury's Savacentre from Sydenham High Street - excellent Eastern European team. Avoid the one in the car park of What! (formerly Scobles) in Anerley - they are charming but less thorough.

Ah, just noticed my neighbour Claire's post from two years ago - same place, same good review!