• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yank

Yank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:29 AM

Hi, I have a friend who lived at 4 St. Gothards Rd. at her parents' house (Sid & Jessie Howard) and married Ray Myers (a Yank) at the end of WWII. She moved to the States and is 89 now. She has a birthday coming up and we were wondering if it were possible to get some pictures for her. She lived at 4 St. Gothards Rd. and had an aunt on Romany Rd. Her parents went to The Paxton where she and her sisters had to sit outside and drink lemonade. They also went to The Two Towers on Gipsy Hill. She went to Salters Hill School and then went to work. She remembers seeing fireworks from Crystal Palace from her bedroom window as a child. Her parents were buried at West Norwood Cemetary along with her brother who died in WWI. Any help with pictures would be greatly appreciated. She just entertains us all the time with stories of growing up there and what it was like during the war, with the bomb shelters and such every night. She is getting homesick, but won't be able to get back there, so any help would be apprecited. Thanks. :rolleyes:

#2 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 09:58 AM

Hello! Do you still want pictures?

I finally had a weekend when I was both free and it wasn't raining (well not all the time anyway) and so managed to take a few photos.

Let me know if you are still interested.
Rachel
My link