• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 OurPippin

OurPippin

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

Sad half-inflated balloons taped outside empty estate agents' offices that are supposed to make us think all is well and dandy. ("What crunch? Panic over!")

Traffic roaring past us on Church Rd. A bus mirror flicked my right ear yesterday...

People writing in self-important "journals" in Cafe Nero - you'll never be as rich as C K Rowling dears... What are you writing there anyway?

Too much crap bric-a-brac and not enough food in Alma Garden Market. No we don't want to buy your interesting homemade necklaces (especially not if they're "vintage")

The "clothing" aisle in Sainsburies that should be scrapped to give us that just slightly larger choice of expensive food obscurities to spend our way out of this recession on.

:angry:

#2 Kurt

Kurt

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:11 PM

I assume this thread is for Norwood related gripes as opposed to the more general gripes thread.

So.....

CP gripes (and let's face it, it isn't all wonderful around here):

(1) The lifts at the CP Sainsburys. Slow, often out of order, always scary.

(2) The lack of a decent local gym

(3) Anerley

Edited by Kurt, 18 November 2008 - 02:12 PM.

#3 guineagirl

guineagirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:16 PM

Dog mess. In my morning walk from house to bus stop I can think of at least 2 places I have to actively 'look out and take avoidance'.

I complained to Lambeth borough pretty much the first week I moved into the area, I was so shocked by the quantities of dog mess - and the poor provision of signs and pooper-scooper bins. Then it got a bit better, but now seems to be getting worse again.

#4 OurPippin

OurPippin

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:43 PM

Yes those lifts at Sainsburies are a menace - my elderly parents get stuck in there regularly, and the confusing lack of labels inside the lift means they sometimes travel in entirely the wrong direction. Come on Sainsburies! Sort it out! There's no lifts at LIDL..... :o

#5 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

People spitting on the pavements in CP - and ignorant so and sos, over the age of needing stabilisers, cycling on same pavements.

Oh... and people posting whinging diatribes about other people trying to make a living in the area.

Edited by Summit Lover, 18 November 2008 - 07:10 PM.

#6 OurPippin

OurPippin

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:49 AM

The tired debate about the one way system thundering on.....

#7 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:31 AM

Faceless Keyboard Warriors !
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#8 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:31 PM

(3) Anerley

What have we done down here to offend thee? :blink:

Edited by Nick, 19 November 2008 - 01:31 PM.

Nick, Forum Moderator

#9 Kurt

Kurt

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:43 PM

I've just had a few nasty moments in and around that Tesco. There's a dead end street next to it where I sometimes have to turn my car, and I've always found it a bit horrible.

Mind you - I did buy a cheap washing machine in Anerley that works very well.

#10 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:26 PM

Maybe its Tesco and the creeping morbidity around it that riles you.

Anerley has a lot going for it.

#11 OurPippin

OurPippin

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:09 AM

I hate to say it, but is that Tesco really in the rich heartland of Anerley? I would have thought that being opposite CP station it could reasonably be classed as falling in the environs that much loved suburb...

#12 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:34 AM

Anerley has its own Tesco Express down the bottom of the hill, on Croydon Rd. It is bigger and better than the one opposite CP station, and with parking to boot. Never experienced or seen anything untoward in there myself...
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#13 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:53 AM

is that Tesco really in the rich heartland of Anerley

It's on Anerley Road at the foot of Anerley Hill, in what has always generally been known as the "top section" of Anerley High Street. It's Anerley. :ph34r:

Mind you, I always used to put Upper Norwood in my postal address. :P

#14 Kurt

Kurt

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:12 AM

OK - more local irritations. I'm in the mood now.

(1) People walking vicious dogs in packs. Me and my German shepherd pup were surrounded by three black greyhounds that appeared out of nowhere and starting barking and pushing at us. Luckily they were wearing protective mouth gear (forgot the word) but it was unpleasant. One of the owners appeared and said "oh, they're just playing". They weren't, actually.

(2) People racing their bikes around CP park. There is a speed limit in place as far as I'm aware. If they knock me or my dog over, there'll be trouble.

(3) Woolworths. What a depressing shop. I think they should turn into an M&S, a Primark, or an HMV. Even Argos would be better. It's foot traffic we're after.

Edited by Kurt, 20 November 2008 - 10:13 AM.

#15 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:21 PM

:( :(If that Tescos is in Anerley then the Mansion is in Dulwich...! The estate behind isn't lovely and there have been problems, but it's not that bad.

Mine are:
- constant wrangling over the park... let's just get it sorted
- empty shop units
- no butchers on the triangle
- missing Phil at CP station in the morning...
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter