• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#31 OurPippin

OurPippin

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:43 AM

Link back to earlier - maybe Anerley is more a state-of-mind than an actual place... There is a bit of Anerley in all of us....

#32 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:14 PM

"Urgh - angered groan; disgust
Argh - fear, astonishment, exasperation
Ugh - shrug; "i don't care" etc"

and people seem amazed that some languages use tonality to change meaning (as in Chinese or Kirundi).

#33 OurPippin

OurPippin

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:07 AM

back on track - local things that make you go uurgh. Sainsbury's uninspiring deli counter. I wanted to buy a large chorizo for a tapas style lunch with friends. Could I get one? Could I heck. They didn't even have any ripe camembert or brie there either!

#34 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:29 AM

Try out La Gastronomia out in Dulwich (well just off Croxted Rd):
http://www.lagastronomia.com/

It's a great little place with lovely produce
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#35 OurPippin

OurPippin

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:06 AM

Thanks Elmo! That's very much appreciated. It's one of the star ingredients for a lunch I was planning, which I shall now perservere with. :)

#36 Mrs Oswald

Mrs Oswald

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:33 PM

back on track - local things that make you go uurgh. Sainsbury's uninspiring deli counter. I wanted to buy a large chorizo for a tapas style lunch with friends. Could I get one? Could I heck. They didn't even have any ripe camembert or brie there either!

The Portuguese cafe and deli at the top of South Norwood Hill has nice chorizo.

#37 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

People who you try and help that just are plain rude back at you! Mr rude man on Gipsy Hill!
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#38 miss emma

miss emma

Crafting whizz

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:16 PM

Sixth forms who don't wash up and leave it for weeks. I spent an hour doing the washing up today. The heads of year provide us with milk and tea bags etc and we have a microwave and kettle to make some hot food with, but most people just eat and leave their plates for someone else to wash. Some of the stuff had been there so long that it was growing things
Gorgeous gifts handmade in SE19, The 39 Stitches

#39 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

What?! The area is knocked enough as it is! I have had a few days off VN and I come back to this. Shame on you all. Get back to the pet hates thread. :yawn:

#40 OurPippin

OurPippin

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:36 AM

The people that broke the famous giant Belvedere Rd Snowman....

#41 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:09 AM

What?! The area is knocked enough as it is! I have had a few days off VN and I come back to this. Shame on you all. Get back to the pet hates thread. :yawn:

I don't understand your comment Spoon?!
If I have a 'pet hate / a thing that makes me go urgh' I'm in my right to list it - my particular comment mad yesterday is a long line of people over the years who just don't know how to say 'Thank you'! Im not knocking the area at all Im born & bred here - I'm stating the case of 'an individual' that has made me go 'urgh!'.
thank you
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#42 Kurt

Kurt

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

The crowded, slushy ticket hall at Gipsy Hill station.

It's a busy station. Please can we double the ticket hall in size and get some decent departure boards that you can read without people piling up behind you?

#43 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

women who wear those ugg boots ! ugg !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#44 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

I don't understand your comment Spoon?!
If I have a 'pet hate / a thing that makes me go urgh' I'm in my right to list it - my particular comment mad yesterday is a long line of people over the years who just don't know how to say 'Thank you'! Im not knocking the area at all Im born & bred here - I'm stating the case of 'an individual' that has made me go 'urgh!'.
thank you

Sorry, Twinkle! I didn't mean your post. I was just being cheeky that our very own bigger-uppers were listing pet hates about the area. It was meant tongue-in-cheek. I'd had a fairly long VN break and I've been misconstrued. I apologise for the confusion. :hugkiss:

By way of recompense, I'll add my concern for CP Sainsbury's inability to provide anything less than enough mackerel for about five people. I've found one-bit offerings in other branches. I fancied one bit but they don't do it like that and I didn't want to be freezing the other 15kg in the pack for ages.

Or the "frequency" of the 432 - but that's a whole other thread.. ;)

#45 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

By way of recompense, I'll add my concern for CP Sainsbury's inability to provide anything less than enough mackerel for about five people. I've found one-bit offerings in other branches. I fancied one bit but they don't do it like that and I didn't want to be freezing the other 15kg in the pack for ages.

Surely Paolo di catio will happily help out there! :D
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage