• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Interesting that this thread has resurfaced. I noticed a post I made back in 2009 where I'd had a bad night's sleep and was obviously feeling like *** when I wrote it :(. Back then, I was doing a job that I hated, with a job description that seemed to change daily. I was really unhappy and lying awake at night thinking about it. I also have the type of insomnia where I drop off easily but wake up 2-3 hours later. Eventually, things got to the stage where I was taking Nytol quite often to help me stay asleep - not ideal.

In January, however, I started a new job and I haven't taken Nytol since. I now sleep through most nights and know that my insomnia was caused solely by work anxiety. I'm sure there will be times in the future where I'm stressed and can't sleep but things are soooooo much better now.

So my tip for insomnia would be - find a new job :).
Mel, Forum Moderator

#32 Anthony

Anthony

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

gekko you echo my sentiments exactly, after I retired early (very early) all my job based anxieties vanished in a puff of smoke, I never had any problem sleeping but it is nice to wake up without that tight feeling in my guts.