Photo

Trattoria Raffaele

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Trattoria Raffaele (2 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Good (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Average (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MattVN

MattVN

VN Admin

• Admin
  • 543 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:30 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

Trattoria Raffaele

94 Sydenham Road, Sydenham, SE26 5JX

Phone: 0871 811 1472

Italian

Note: Former name 'Montecassino Ristorante'

Virtual Norwood Admin | Visit VN's WikiBlogsGallery and Calendar

Contact me via webform or at 

#2 sydenhamcentral

sydenhamcentral

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

I love it.
Brilliant pizzas all made with their own freshly made dough (which is really light and one of the best I have had).
All ingredients locally sourced.
Freshly made tomato sauce.
Puddings hand made.

Raffael is really nice and a great host.

A special mention should be made for the Calzone and goats cheese pizzas, both of which are excellent.

The best in the area, incredible value too. If you haven't tried it, please try it.

You can get pizzas to take away too, far better than the likes of GOGO's etc which are a complete joke in comparison.

#3 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

I've had several very pleasant evenings here - really good atmosphere - convivial and laid back as all restaruants should be - and had a nice lunch yesterday. Was pleased to see they do my favourite - melenzane parmigiana. And no problems re me just having a starter, which was actually pretty big.
If you are in the area I would recommend it.
Raffael is indeed very nice and friendly.
Haven't tried the take out, but I am tempted!
Rachel
My link

#4 williams

williams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:12 AM

This is a really nice local Italian, good with families and couples, serving good pizzas and days specials, and familiar things done well like steak with those dry fried potatoes and green beans. Have enjoyed food there very much but think their wines need to improve as they are poor value and rather nondescript examples in the three out of four we have had (the other was only available temporarily).

#5 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

Looks good - wonder if they do a Sunday roast? (not very Italian I know). Where exactly in Sydenham Road is it?
aka Pie

#6 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

Looks good - wonder if they do a Sunday roast? (not very Italian I know). Where exactly in Sydenham Road is it?

Opposite the Dolphin, so about 10 minutes' walk towards Bell Green from Sydenham station. Here's the website:

http://trattoriaraffaele.com/Menu.html

I've not been there mind, so I don't know how it compares with the Triangle restaurants.
opposed to taking terrapins.

#7 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:00 AM

I worked in Italy for a few months some years back and the Sunday Roast was a big tradition there, a family gathering.
Slightly different from our version (no gravy etc.) but they were lovely.
Could have just been a regional thing (Rome area) but the Italians know how to do a good roast.

#8 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Never got to try this restaurant before so has anyone eaten there lately? just looking for somewhere different to go on Monday evening, thanks.
aka Pie