Photo

The Exhibition Rooms Bar

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: The Exhibition Rooms (20 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this bar?

1. Excellent (12 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Good (2 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

3. Average (2 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

4. Poor (5 votes [23.81%])

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

Definitely. I think someone should drop them a hint...
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#17 pupkin

pupkin

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

That is really unusual and VERY bad manners actually. A proper cocktail mixer generally feels quite challenged if they can go "off road". Mixing can be a proper art, not just a boring list of names and ingredients. Big big massif minus mark from me!

Some cocktail bar staff can only make a small selection of standard drinks and can't go off piste.
I always go by the principle that if you have to tell the bar staff how to make the drink you've ordered then it's probably best not to drink it.

#18 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

From the last visit to the bar we had many months ago (we use the restaurant more frequently) it seemed that in Happy Hour(s) they cut back the amount of cocktails on offer drastically - presumably in order to keep up with the extra 'traffic' involved. Thing is though, that a drastically reduced cocktail menu makes me less likely to spend my hard earned dosh - even at half price.

A shame though, as when they did the full gamut at Happy Hour it was very good value.

The decor looked a bit shabby the last couple of visits too - especially the faux animal print chairs. Have they had any kind of a refurb?

#19 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

I stopped going a while back when I noticed that the "Happy Hour - 2 drinks for the price of 1" are just basically exactly half the size as the full price one after 8 o'clock!!! Don't appreciate being taken for a complete idiot, so I don't go there anymore. I'd rather go for the very good Mojito at the Black Sheep. :) :) :)

by the way, it's GREAT!!!! to have the edit function back! :hugkiss:

Edited by misspoddy, 13 March 2012 - 09:51 PM.