Photo

Yak & Yeti

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Poll: Yak & Yeti (68 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (44 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

2. Good (17 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Average (3 votes [4.41%])

Percentage of vote: 4.41%

4. Poor (4 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MattVN

MattVN

VN Admin

• Admin
  • 543 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:16 AM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

Yak & Yeti
107 Church Road, Crystal Palace, London SE19 2PR

Web: not available
Email: not available
Phone: 0871 811 1463

Edited by Nick, 06 June 2009 - 10:39 AM.

Virtual Norwood Admin | Visit VN's WikiBlogsGallery and Calendar

Contact me via webform or at 

#2 Sarahcakes

Sarahcakes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

Been there twice in the last couple of weeks - The food is fantastic and the service and staff are good too. Would recommend the Nepalese parts of the menu, especially the momos. We were also told to have a 'great sleep' on the way out. :)

#3 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

We went there tonight - not bad at all. Good service (plus a free appertiser), but having said that we were the only people in there throughout....

Food was good, but slightly tepid (again odd as we were the only occupants) - a decent menu with plenty of alterntives to the standard guff demanded by drunken neanederthals. Hope it survives, have seen so many come and go in that site due to the slightly 'off triange' location (the most memorable being the ultimately deliciously infamous Bene Bene Boom Boom).

#4 palacequeen

palacequeen

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

Benny Benny boom boom spam tapas with leather nipple clamps and car keys dessert surprise! :jedi:

#5 Yasmine

Yasmine

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:04 AM

Had a takeaway from yak nd yeti the other day....very impressed. All ingredients very fresh tasting :) let hope they can keep the standard up as I think Mehfil lost it when they changed the chef and the food went downhill!

#6 tushine

tushine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:33 PM

Went Saturday gone

food excellent; service almost excellent. This should be located on westow street or Church within the triangle. It is just outside at present; when I went there it was near empty(4 other diners whilst we there).

#7 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

I went there a few days ago. I liked everything I had, and the service was decent enough. I hope the location doesn't doom them. I'd certainly go back.

#8 danielm

danielm

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

Went there tonight for a second time. The food was really good, and less oily than many Indian or Nepalese restaurants so better for one's health!

#9 peggysue

peggysue

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

Was also there on 14th. Food was excellent, service a little slow but it was very busy, obviously! Will be returning.

#10 MartinofGrim

MartinofGrim

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

Great! good food, nice staff, best of luck to 'um!

#11 Strewth

Strewth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:36 PM

Yes - excellent food, but I fear they won't last long unless they get busier! Offer at the mo is a 2 for 1 main course (but have a sneaking suspicion that only the first party through the door will qualify - they removed the poster after we had taken our seats...) The location doesn't do them any favours - and for the squeamish, there's the thought of what lies next door, but if they are to survive, they need more diners!

#12 claudia

claudia

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

Yes - excellent food, but I fear they won't last long unless they get busier! Offer at the mo is a 2 for 1 main course (but have a sneaking suspicion that only the first party through the door will qualify - they removed the poster after we had taken our seats...) The location doesn't do them any favours - and for the squeamish, there's the thought of what lies next door, but if they are to survive, they need more diners!

what's next door?! :blink:

#13 iclipper

iclipper

Former WN'er....

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

I thought it was a fireplace shop.....

#14 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

funeral directors is nextdoor to the east - anyone know if they hold corpses in there? - the thought of a dead body lying a few feet away from me kind of put me off my lamb jalfrezzi a bit

#15 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:21 AM

Got a takeway from the Y&Y on saturday.

Food was very good and they acheive what Mehfil seemed to fail to and serve Gulab Jamun as a fine dessert.

Deserves to do well - I hope it doesn't suffer to much from its location.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales