Photo

Yak & Yeti

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Poll: Yak & Yeti (68 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (44 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

2. Good (17 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Average (3 votes [4.41%])

Percentage of vote: 4.41%

4. Poor (4 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

..and Gurkha Cottage is pretty darn good. Aren't we lucky in the Palace?!

#32 Bri_957

Bri_957

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Gurkha Cottage has been a favourite for the last three years, I'll probably alternate between the two and see how they compare over a decent period of time.

#33 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

I think that's the real test. Restaurant food quality can vary wildly over a period of months... that's why good consistent ones get michelin stars and awards.
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#34 peggysue

peggysue

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

Had a couple of fantastic meals here in recent weeks and a top quality takeaway. really tasty and unusual dishes, beautifully presented and with lovely staff (and this from a die-hard Shelina / Gurkha cottage fan!). deserves to do well!

#35 teri267

teri267

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:53 AM

Had a take-away from the Yak & Yeti on Good Friday night. The service was excellent and I was impressed with the interior of the restaurant whilst we were waiting - very modern and smart, although it wasn't all that busy for a Friday night! The food was delicious and for 20 for myself and Mr Teri (2 mains, rice, veg dish, chapatis and poppadums), it was a good price too. We are both fans of the Gurkha Cottage, but will be trying the Yak & Yeti again.

#36 claudia

claudia

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:11 AM

Finally went there after reading good things on here for the past few weeks. I agree, it is really very nice, the staff were really friendly, decor lovely and food was great. I really like the fact they have a selection of nepalese dishes you just don't get in most places, as well as the usual Indian ones. After having the Momo special and Khutta for main, I didn't feel like i'd "been for a curry" at all, was a nice change.

I went on bank holiday monday and they had 5 tables filled, which was nice to see - I was expecting to be the only one there. Hopefully word of mouth will be enough to keep it going despite being off the beaten track.

The only thing i would say is they need more selection of home made deserts! not a fan of those ice-cream with picture menus. I quite fancied the desert I spotted at the bottom of the main menu, but the waiter only gave me the ice cream menu, so I didn't bother.

#37 JAM

JAM

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

Four of us went there for dinner last night and all agreed - friendly efficient service, interesting menu (although they have the standard indian restaurant dishes too if you want them), good size portions and best of all really really tasty food. Good it see it was pretty busy in there as the evening went on too as it is in a slightly awkward position being just very slightly off the Triangle. Hope it continues to do well.
JAM

#38 Che

Che

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

Had an excellent delivery from here on Saturday.

I thought it was better than Gurkha Cottage. Good to see some healthy competition in the area.

Totally agree

#39 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:26 PM

We also went on Saturday night - pleasant friendly service, food good and generous portions, so came home feeling stuffed. We were told we would be invited to their Grand Opening - unfortunately no one took our contact details!
aka Pie

#40 clairy

clairy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:19 AM

We went here on Friday night and had a lovely meal. The food was excellent and we couldn't believe how low the bill was at the end of the meal.

There were about 3 other tables of people. One of the waiters (maybe the owner?) came to talk to us and said that they were struggling a little bit with business. He said they'd wanted to open as soon as possible and there were still a lot of things to do. They had plans to decorate the restaurant and there would be a grand opening we'd be invited to (like Sylvester mentioned) when they'd made some changes. He took our details so we'll see!

#41 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:13 AM

They should get the VN'ers along!!
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#42 Yak & Yeti

Yak & Yeti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

We also went on Saturday night - pleasant friendly service, food good and generous portions, so came home feeling stuffed. We were told we would be invited to their Grand Opening - unfortunately no one took our contact details!

We apologize for that.We will definately invite you, Can you please forward your comments and your contact detail to yakandyetirestaurant@yahoo.co.uk.
Thank you.

The management apologize for that.We will definately invite you, Can you please forward your comments and your contact detail to yakandyetirestaurant@yahoo.co.uk.
Thank you.

Finally went there after reading good things on here for the past few weeks. I agree, it is really very nice, the staff were really friendly, decor lovely and food was great. I really like the fact they have a selection of nepalese dishes you just don't get in most places, as well as the usual Indian ones. After having the Momo special and Khutta for main, I didn't feel like i'd "been for a curry" at all, was a nice change.

I went on bank holiday monday and they had 5 tables filled, which was nice to see - I was expecting to be the only one there. Hopefully word of mouth will be enough to keep it going despite being off the beaten track.

The only thing i would say is they need more selection of home made deserts! not a fan of those ice-cream with picture menus. I quite fancied the desert I spotted at the bottom of the main menu, but the waiter only gave me the ice cream menu, so I didn't bother.

we apologize for the mistake and these desserts will be added to the new dessert menu which is coming soon.
Thank you.

#43 Yak & Yeti

Yak & Yeti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:16 AM

DEAR CUSTOMER
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME YOU HAVE GIVEN TO IMPROVE US FURTHER. TO IMPROVE THE SERVICE AND OUR PRODUCTS YOUR VIEW IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
AT THE MEAN TIME WE WOULD BE GRATEFUL, IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTION OR PROMATION TO CONTACT US THROUGH OUR EMAIL. WE TAKE EVERY SUGGESTION YOU HAVE GIVEN US SERIOUSLY AND WOULD REPLY YOUR MAIL AS SOON AS WE CAME TO THE SOLUTION .

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN
MANAGEMENT
YAK & YETI RESTAURANT
yakandyetirestaurant@yahoo.co.uk

#44 Sidney

Sidney

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

Went tonight for the first time. The food was fantastic. We mainly opted for Napalese dishes which tasted great and were beautifully presented. Real attention to detail which was very impressive. We were also given complimentary chapatis and brandy.

I felt the staff pitched it just right, friendly and attentive without being in you face and trying to get you to drink as much alcohol as possible. The music was good and the decor was simple. My only criticism is for the awful chairs, which I think spoilt the place.

Will definitely be back and will try take aways.

Keep up the good work and don't be tempted to cut corners.

#45 claudia

claudia

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

Went tonight for the first time. The food was fantastic. We mainly opted for Napalese dishes which tasted great and were beautifully presented. Real attention to detail which was very impressive. We were also given complimentary chapatis and brandy.

I felt the staff pitched it just right, friendly and attentive without being in you face and trying to get you to drink as much alcohol as possible. The music was good and the decor was simple. My only criticism is for the awful chairs, which I think spoilt the place.

Will definitely be back and will try take aways.

Keep up the good work and don't be tempted to cut corners.

I quite liked the chairs!