Photo

Yak & Yeti

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Poll: Yak & Yeti (68 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (44 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

2. Good (17 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Average (3 votes [4.41%])

Percentage of vote: 4.41%

4. Poor (4 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 claudia

claudia

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

yes Y&Y was our favourite curry place, but we went in there last night and it wasn't good. Admittedly it was valentines day, and we just wanted a normal dinner, so we had to expect the limited menu. But even so, it took nearly an hour to arrive, and the portions were tiny, really not good value. My other half's main was literally three mouthfuls. Mine had clearly been sitting for a while because it had discoloured/set on the top, and was pretty tasteless. It wasn't even that busy, not full, but apart from us having to sit around for so long I heard a few people having to ask to order and come up to the front to ask for the bill.

Also clearly hadn't sorted out the computer ordering system Hermit - 2 staff were standing round the screen for the majority of the evening, at one point all 5 were standing there. No wonder no food was coming out of the kitchen!

Disappointing all round actually.

#92 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

I had a takeaway from there the other night and am pleased to say that they have sorted out their problems with the computerised ordering system.
It was packed and busy with takeaways but they seemed to have no problems and it was ready on time.
(Thought it would be polite to post and say they had sorted it after a previous negative post from myself)

#93 cathyh

cathyh

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

went here for dinner this saturday night and we were greatly impressed. The place was full but service was good and pleasant. The food was really good, fresh and varied, the portions weren't very big but as the food was quite filling this was OK. Will defo be back again soon.

#94 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

Had a really nice meal here last night... nicely served, good flavours, well cooked, nice ambiance for a conversation. We stayed a bit too late as a result of having such a nice time!

#95 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

Worryingly, their takeaways are now appearing with celephane lids and don't appear to be cooked to order. Buyer beware. Mrs Elmo isn't very happy.
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#96 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for warning bu I dont have a problem with my Cuzza takeaway supply ! I just use the oldest curry establishment in CP !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#97 Elmo

Elmo

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:45 AM

Should have listened to Dazza...

Follow me on Twitter

#98 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:37 PM

No celaphane lids at the Spice and plenty of Bangla. You know it makes sense.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#99 Yak & Yeti

Yak & Yeti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

Worryingly, their takeaways are now appearing with celephane lids and don't appear to be cooked to order. Buyer beware. Mrs Elmo isn't very happy.

Dear, Mrs Elmo
We are sorry to hear your unsatisfactory experience about the delivery order. Just wanted to make sure our food is definitely cooked to order. We always stand on the customer side and listen to them; we are trying to improve the quality and the service to our customers. Now we have started using paper boxes for the delivery and takeaway service which keeps the food warm longer than the normal time.
Here at Yak & Yeti the owner is the chef so, there is no doubt about the chef change. We are putting every effort to be the best place in the town to Dine in, Takeaway and Collection. We always create the new buds and keep changing the menu for your new experience and to serve as the best cuisine in the town.
If you have more concerns please email us at info@yakyeti.co.uk.
Thank You
Management
Yak & Yeti Group

#100 Elmo

Elmo

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

Thanks for the engagement, but it's going to be too late for us. We're moving to Beckenham and are unlikely to try the Yak again. I hope other customers get what they ask for in the future though.

Follow me on Twitter

#101 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

Impressive customer care, Y&Y, nonetheless!

#102 CityView

CityView

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

2 takeaways and a visit to the Y&Y in 4 days. Says a lot about my diet and even more about their quality and consistency.

Gurkhali Chicken and Lamb Methi are both great (i don't venture much past those), if you're visiting for first time and are looking for a meat recommendation.

Lovely staff to.

p.s. are used to use Dazza's regular frequently before the Y&Y but changed my allegiances based on the fact that their food is a lot less oily than your traditional curry. I don't know the ins and outs of the differences in cooking techniques but I understand that Nepalese cooking is generally healthier to.

#103 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

Myself and Dazza nearly came to blows when he found out I got the odd takeaway from there ! Very good. I preferred the old incarnation though. Mehfil?

#104 CityView

CityView

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:06 PM

Ha ha. And yes mehfil was very good to.

Off topic I know but Palace Spice sent me my first xmas card when I moved to my then bachelor pad in CP and that was before I'd set foot in there. I could only think they'd clocked how many scooters had been heading for my flat each week and fancied a bit of the business.

#105 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

Warming to you now cityview ! We obviously have common ground you should join me & SLR next time we have a curry !

Dazza

PS Palace Spice of course !
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig