Photo

Yak & Yeti

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Poll: Yak & Yeti (68 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (44 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

2. Good (17 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Average (3 votes [4.41%])

Percentage of vote: 4.41%

4. Poor (4 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Andy

Andy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Best ever grub I had in Nepal was in a homestay, near Chitwan. Me and a mate had chicken curry with rice and mashed pumpkin, and it was superb! The only hard bit was we had to eat it all sitting on the floor with our hands, and the water was from a local well. It didnt do me any harm despite my mate being too chicken to drink it. I had no choice as there was no other option, and there wasnt such a thing as a nearby shop to go to!

And the chicken was definitely obtained very very locally!

#122 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

Was here this evening with some pals and we were all impressed!

Lovely service and really delicious food! Just realised I left my 'doggy bag' of Naan breads behind.
Love The Triangle...

#123 Nikkibells

Nikkibells

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Been here a few times and the food and service have always been fantastic plus lots of freebies which is always good!

#124 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

I used to like this place when it first opened, but hadn't been in for ages so I thought I'd give it a go again. When we went in it was completely empty, but they seemed rather insistent on showing us to a table for 2 nonetheless. The underneath tablecloth was stained with someone else's curry, as was the one at the table next door. Starters were good, mains a bit mediocre. While we were in the middle of eating one of the waiters suddenly decided it was door cleaning time, wiping it over in leisurely manner while leaving the door wide open with us not sitting far away. They only closed it again (without any apology) when we complained. They also levy a service charge, so overall we weren't impressed at all.

Edited by elleme, 09 December 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#125 tekton23

tekton23

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hi,

We ate here on Mother's day. As the last review, the starters were promising, but the mains were not. In fact they were dreadful. Each of the dishes were deep in a similar thick gloopy sauce. We suspected the sauce was a one-type-fits-all-orders, as each of the three dishes was similar and indistinguishable. The sauces were overly filling, I suspect they had some sort of flour to thicken them. Are there two chefs? One doing the starters and one doing the mains, that is certainly what it felt like. For the price it was un-acceptable, £45 would get you two set lunches in a michelin restaurant in central London.

I have no problem writing this as we complained at the time and were given a feeble excuse about this being the style of Indian cookery. It isn't, I have traveled extensively there and never felt so bloated as I did after leaving here. Frankly I continue to be annoyed by our visit and still want a refund. The problem should have been solved there and then, it wasn't and our money was happily taken for what was a very sub-standard meal.

T23

#126 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

I would move somewhere else if I were you....

#127 tekton23

tekton23

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

This is a restaurant like all local businesses, that I'd like to see do really well. As I said the starters were very good, but I still don't understand the difference in quality between them and the mains. I brought it up with the staff and the manager and it was not resolved. So what do you do then, just grin and bear it, because it is a local restaurant?

#128 Muffy

Muffy

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

First visit on Friday night .
Can't believe I haven't been before.
Liked the menu and the food.
Portions very large but costs reasonable
I will be returning,

#129 Muffy

Muffy

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

Had another visit to this since my last post.

Again really enjoyed the food and the portion sizes are more than adequate.

Good wine selection.

Great value for money.

Turning into one of my favourite eating places in the area. 

#130 JMS

JMS

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

Went last night. I have previously been a big fan but not really sure what happened but the service was very slow and the food just not upto scratch...

hopefully a one off 

#131 Yak & Yeti

Yak & Yeti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:38 PM

Dear Customer,
First of all thank you for supporting us. We are here for you to serve the best food and service where possible but in some unfortunate circumstances we might have the failure. I agree with some of your comments. We are here to make sure your dinning experience be really enjoyable.

We also wanted to make sure you have enjoyed your meal while dinning with us. I would humbly request all our valuable customers to fill the comment card at the end of their meal. So that we will have chance to improve. Everyone of us know that we learn from mistakes.

Our rapid free home delivery is still going. When placing your order if you have limited time to enjoy please let our member of staff know and we will try to do that at the best possible time. We have always listened to our valuable customers and have reduced the price on our new menu where possible and added few exciting and delicious items. Our new menu will come into effect this Monday 10 August 2015.

Your comments and suggestions are always welcome either they are good or bad. We donot ignore them but it encourage us to improve and put the things right.

Once again I would like to thank you for your valuable comments here at Virtualnorwood Forum.

With Regards
Manager
Sam
  • halfwayup likes this