Photo

Numidie Bistro

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (116 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (66 votes [57.89%])

Percentage of vote: 57.89%

2. Good (34 votes [29.82%])

Percentage of vote: 29.82%

3. Average (9 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

4. Poor (5 votes [4.39%])

Percentage of vote: 4.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 01:19 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

Numidie Wine Bar and Bistro
48 Westow Hill, Crystal Palace SE19 1PX
Open Tuesday 6.00pm-10.30pm
Open Wednesday to Sunday 12.00pm-4.00pm and 6.00pm-10.30pm
Closed Mondays

Non Smoking Restaurant

Web: http://www.numidie.co.uk/
Email: eat@numidie.co.uk
Phone: 0871 811 1466

#2 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:49 PM

Great food, great value, great atmosphere, love this place!

#3 deedee

deedee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 03:36 PM

Algerian cuisine

What's that? Well I've only been there once but it seemed to have quite strong ties to Moroccon & Lebanese cuisine - i.e. tajines, posh kebabs & couscous. Generally my kind of food.

The place is a bit small and you can end up with tables that are also cramped (and right next to the door). The size does make it quite cozey though and the atmosphere is generally pleasant.

Service was poor to average - the reason I haven't been able to get my girlfriend back there again. The main complaint being general slowness & lack of attentiveness (oh and that cramped table by the door).

Edited by James, 28 June 2005 - 09:09 AM.

#4 Guest_Rowena_*

Guest_Rowena_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:25 AM

I feel like this place has gone down hill a little bit, at least as far as the veggie food is concerned. A couple of years ago, I would have described as fabulous, but then it got a good review in a national newspaper, and it feels like it has been downhill ever since!

Last time I went, there was only a limited veggie option, and the staff didn't seem terribly helpful. It was also horribly smoky, which is very offputting to us reformed smokers.

I do like the fact that it has a bar hidden in the depths, though, so that you can hide away for a drink after dinner...

#5 Helen

Helen

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:34 PM

I thought that Numidie had a no smoking policy in the restaurant now. I could be wrong as I have only been to the bar downstairs but I'm sure I saw a sign in the window the other day

#6 Helen

Helen

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:58 AM

We ate here for the first time on Friday night and it was fantastic. I have to recommend the fish soup - it was easily the best I have ever had!

#7 Yamaman

Yamaman

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:34 AM

I went there recently and loved the food. I haven't had a targine in years. I think I had lamb which was lovely. All the more so as I'm not a big lamb fan.
I was however on one of those tables by the door and with it being lunchtime the door was open and had the Pelican Crossing going every few minutes. Also portions are predictably small so I didn't quite leave with a full tum B)

#8 Guest_Rowena_*

Guest_Rowena_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:46 AM

I hadn't been to this place for a while, until the other night, when I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they have, indeed, banned smoking in the restaurant. There have been several occasions over the years when I have gone elsewhere because it was too smoky there.

Also, the last time I ate there, the veggie food was uninspiring and uninspired, but the other night it was great.

I am really glad this place has got better again! :)

#9 Lilian

Lilian

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:18 AM

I went on Thursday for the first time in ages and had a lovely meal. I'd highly recommend the lamb tagine with couscous.

#10 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:41 AM

Was the harissa sauce served in a separate bowl?
Banned smoking - what a shame!

#11 Aunty

Aunty

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:39 AM

Maybe smokers can adjourn to the bar downstairs?

Numidie's food is so yum - best restaurant for miles around - by miles. I'm over the moon that they do lunch now too. (Mind you they SAY they do but sometimes change their minds. Got all excited about going out for lunch there the other week and turned up to find the place closed. Misery! Woe!)

#12 robpark

robpark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:12 PM

:) I only went there for a few beers, but liked the atmos very much...

#13 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:36 AM

We took my mum and sister here on Saturday night. Had a fantastic meal - the food was outstanding and the atmosphere very relaxed. The service was also really good and efficient without feeling rushed. It's the first time I've got round to eating in here rather than just visiting the bar downstairs, but I will return very soon.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#14 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:44 PM

the sunday lunch dilemma - again - alchemy last week, where to this week ?
we head to the golden triangle hoping for inspiration...
buzzbees words ringing through the mind we head for NUMANDIE !

nice atmosphere - very relaxing - they were showing skiing highlights on the table next to us !!! Food very good, service at just the right pace and testamony to the occasion we ended the meal planning a return visit to marrakesh !!!

very highly recommended
but where to next week ???

#15 Sals

Sals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:36 PM

We love Numadie! We would go a lot more if it wasn't so hard to park around the triangle. ;)