Photo

Numidie Bistro

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (116 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (66 votes [57.89%])

Percentage of vote: 57.89%

2. Good (34 votes [29.82%])

Percentage of vote: 29.82%

3. Average (9 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

4. Poor (5 votes [4.39%])

Percentage of vote: 4.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 DaisyGrubber

DaisyGrubber

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:18 PM

I had a wonderful meal there before Christmas, and not skimpy either.

#32 Helen

Helen

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:11 PM

We had a great meal in here on Friday night. I had the Salad Numidie followed by bouillabaisse both of which were delicious, and my other half had half a pigeon breast and the most gorgeous venison steak with bubble and squeak.
We had always had excellent food in here and see it as a special place to go for a treat. It is nice to see that their menu remains small and changes regularly to reflect the seasons as well.

#33 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:59 PM

After a bit of negotiation, we enjoyed the two course set menu on Sunday evening. We both started with the fish soup (Moules had run out) - the crouton and rouille making it especially good, followed by the Couscous Royale ( lamb fillet and merguez) and the entrecote & chips with green salad. Both main courses were cooked to perfection and a delight to eat - all washed down with a bottle of Cahors followed by a very good cheese plate. Unusually, the waitress was a bit cold and the service was very slow but she did apologise explaining that she had been on her feet since 11 o'clock in the morning. Understanding that, I was able to sit back relax and enjoy a lovely evening.

#34 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:46 PM

I've been here twice and thoroughly loved it - the service was good and the food was so tastey! The barman downstairs made the best cocktail I've ever had... and the whole place has a lovely "Amelie" feel to it.
Love The Triangle...

#35 Gipsy

Gipsy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:07 PM

After years of walking past and looking at the menu in the window, finally ventured inside for dinner last night. I had the Calamars Farcis and Sea Bream and both were excellent. The Aubergine Terrine with Falafel, Chick Peas Mousse & Chekchouka got the thumbs up too. Service was excellent. Didn't know there was a wine bar with live music downstairs so will def go back and try that out too. :D

#36 Marlowe

Marlowe

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:22 PM

Didn't know they did live music - what was on?

I agree that the cocktails are lovely and the whole atmospehere of the bar will be as good as the restaurant once the smoke ban finally arrives. It can be very oppressive on a Saturday when the chuffers (which it seems to attract a large contingent of) are at full pelt.

#37 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:35 PM

Moderator's Note
Please note there is a separate topic for discussing the wine bar in the Pubs and Bars review section...
http://www.virtualno...p?showtopic=714

European.vote - EU Referendum

#38 OG_Mudboom

OG_Mudboom

• Pending Removal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:33 PM

...I also love Numidie. Everybody who works there is a gem. Always get such great service when lil' mudboom and I dine (and drink) there, and the food and booze are fantastic. I still hold that the starter I had there last summer is my favourite of all time. It is the baby squid stuffed with crab, with rocket and butter I think. Absolutely fantastic! Can get a little crammed on a saturday, but testament to their service levels, they always manage to fit us in. Step forward Numidie. A*. mudboom.
Either they don't know, don't show...or just don't care what's going on in Norwood.

#39 wulfhound

wulfhound

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:58 AM

Tried Numidie on Saturday night having been meaning to for ages. We hadn't reserved, so there was an hour wait for a table, but never mind -- that's what the bar is for! :)

Must agree re the service, really friendly and nice. If only more places had staff like that!

#40 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:36 AM

Had a lovely dinner on Saturday there - I had slow cooked duck breast as a started (yummi) and a delicious cous cous with lamb - very nice indeed!!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#41 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

yummm........ had dinner there just before Xmas - it was fantastic. Good service, felt well looked after - went for a cocktail to the bar downstairs afterwards. All in all ten out of ten :)

PS. for all the smokers out there - no need to stand on the pavement - go to the bar downstairs, there's a tiny court yard which accommodates for this.
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#42 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:33 AM

A very small courtyard. But it's all lovely.
http://farm1.static...._2bb09052a4.jpg

Edited by James, 30 December 2007 - 11:21 AM.
Removed Inline Image

Love The Triangle...

#43 The Joker

The Joker

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:15 PM

Had my first meal in Numidie (despite having drank in the bar a couple of times before). Very quite on a Sunday night (three other tables in during our visit). Thought overall dinner was good without being spectacular in any way.

T'other half enjoyed the squid stuffed with crab meat to start followed by the fillet of beef. I enjoyed a main of lamb shank (such tender meat) with a good tomato sauce and cous cous. Saved the best for last with a desert of roasted pear stuffed with almonds and pistachios, served with yoghurt and a delicious sugary sauce. All washed down with a decent bottle of Moroccan red. 50 before service.

Finished our bottle of wine in the basement which despite being nearly empty reeks of character.

Will return to drink soon and to eat at some stage this year. Plenty of competition in the triangle though.

#44 Mah-in

Mah-in

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:10 AM

Lovely place. Gorgeous food in simple surroundings, and great prices. I love the separate bar downstairs too. Have been to a music gig there. Yes, it's true that smokers can smoke in the tiny downstairs courtyard, but we would prefer them to be outside,...... on the street,...... getting run over by a bus!

Good work Numidie! I'll go back any time.

#45 centralhilleagle

centralhilleagle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:24 AM

Now, now Mah-in. The smokers have already been kicked outside, but you feel more needs to be done, preferably killing them?! I'm sure they feel the same way about you! Live and let live I say. And no, I'm not a smoker. Don't want to start a huge debate about it, but a little more tolerance all round would be a welcome change IMO.