Photo

Joanna's

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (162 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (79 votes [49.07%])

Percentage of vote: 49.07%

2. Good (43 votes [26.71%])

Percentage of vote: 26.71%

3. Average (23 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Poor (16 votes [9.94%])

Percentage of vote: 9.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#226 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

I tried Joanna's again recently after a gap of a couple of years after a disastrous meal there. Mixed experience....

The service was impeccable, and the decor is lovely. I was disappointed with my Joanna Burger as the meat was very dense and tough and the fries were lukewarm by the time they hit my plate. I chose the chocolate tart for a desert but again was a bit disappointed - I had imagined something delicate and rich but was presented with a fairly big rough pastry case filled with what seemed to be chocolate custard. The house white was nice though!

#227 CapitAl

CapitAl

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

Myself and my other half went to Joannas one lunchtime last week.

We hadn't been for a fair while and if I was being picky I'd say the service wasn't quite as good as on previous occasions. Whilst still a cut above most other places it did seem to have lost some of its polish - although if you asked me to identify specific reasons I'd struggle.

We ordered from the set price lunch menu - both of us had crispy duck salad to start, then chargrilled pork/pasta, then both of us had pancakes with ice cream to finish. I thought the quality of the ingredients and the cooking were fantastic - especially considering the price (£17 each for 3 courses).

So overall, a very enjoyable lunch very reasonably priced in my opinion.

#228 dibz

dibz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Over the years my partner and many friends have eaten at Joanna's. I have to say the experience was excellent every time we have been. There was a small blip when we seemed to get a poor table (a little 2 seater near the entrance) a few times on the bounce but the food is so consistently good on every occasion. The original owners son who often greets customers is always happy to see us and very welcoming. 

It is a very comfortable restaurant and nothing is too much trouble for all their staff. I enjoy myself immensely every time i visit and relish my next visit.

the food is very good and ingredients always seem fresh and thoroughly tasty. i would recommend this restaurant to anyone. i have never thought the menu expensive.

#229 lucysmith

lucysmith

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 810 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

Realised I'd not visited Joannas for two years. Two years! And all because the service had put me off. Well I went back on Monday eve with my Mum and was pleasantly surprised that things have changed. We had great service and the food was wonderful. Waiter poured our wine and didn't leave us unattended for too long. Had the squid and chorizo salad and then the cheesecake. All went really well so will definitely be returning now things are up to scratch again!

#230 CapitAl

CapitAl

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:13 AM

Went to Joanna's on Saturday for a lateish lunch. The food was good, the service not.

Firstly the full a la carte menu wasn't available as expected, just a Saturday lunch menu. There was no explanation as to why this was and I don't know if it was just a one off or not.

Anyway, we all found something we liked on the menu that was available but our waiter was hopeless. As well as his English being very poor he didn't seem at all interested in trying to explain what was available drinks wise and what was not. After serving us our food he basically just left us until it was time to clear the table. There was no attempt to enquire about whether the food was OK or whether we wanted more drinks. After forgetting an order for more wine he basically accused us of lieing about ordering!

Sounds all a bit petty I know, but we just got the impression that no-one was that interested in whether we were enjoying ourselves or not. It wasn't a sif the place was overly busy either, not even half full by the time we left.

Think the place needs to improve its service given the completion its got round the triangle.

Al

#231 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

All restaurants need to be on their game but being the oldest & best  establishment in the Palace I like to think they know what they are doing went up their on my GF birthday at lunchtime & enjoyed every minute of it .

My favourite everyday establishment is the Palace Spice also one of the oldest establishments in CP !

Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig