Photo

Lorenzo

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (114 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (57 votes [51.35%])

Percentage of vote: 51.35%

2. Good (27 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

3. Average (16 votes [14.41%])

Percentage of vote: 14.41%

4. Poor (11 votes [9.91%])

Percentage of vote: 9.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:31 PM

Went here on Saturday for a bargain lunch. Pizza was very nice indeed, and would have been very good value at normal prices but a complete steal at £3.50 during lunchtime.

As Gekko has commented before, the coke was flat. Must have a problem with the soda thingy! Never mind.

And for what it's worth, if it hadn't been for the debate on the forum, I probably wouldn't have ever been at all, so maybe there really is no such thing as bad publicity!

#17 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:52 PM

All I can say is that there is no accounting for taste. On the two occasions I have eaten at Lorenzos the food has been boring, bland, tasteless. No art or skill involved in the food produced. As for the basement - it was hot, stuffy and airless. I have vowed never to go back.

Unfortunately, if you have never tasted really good food you have nothing to judge the Lorenzo's of this world against.

Still, each to their own - if you want cheap and cheerful - Lorenzos the place.

#18 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:50 AM

I'm afraid I have to agree with Charlie. Lorenzo's may be a great Crystal Palace institution but on the three times I've been there I've been disappointed too. And the basement definitely needed more ventilation!
opposed to taking terrapins.

#19 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:16 AM

;)
Thanks Andreas. I was probably a bit harsh with my review but I just can't get enthusiastic about Lorenzos. Perhaps I'll give it one more try seated upstairs. I'm sure they can't go wrong with pizza and peroni.

#20 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:51 AM

Went last saturday lunchtime had a peroni & a Pizza Lorenzo with chillies. I dont expect The IVY quality but it was freindly clean & tasty. I much prefer this to Pizza Express as I suppose bums on seats speaks volumes. Dazza

PS Sent my coffee back at the IVY on several occasions due to it being cold & of bland taste.
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#21 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:56 AM

Yeah, the IVY is hopeless. I've vowed never to go there again either.

Did you have chillies to disguise the taste??

#22 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:33 PM

'Bums on seats' yes theres plenty of those at Lorenzos.... a tad cramped - but cozy too... its straight forward cooking -garlic overload BUT i love it so im not gonna complain...yes if somethings not to my liking or needs to be changed then I say and they do something about straight away.

Its cheap and cheerful: if it makes my mum happy (Trust me its a hard job these days!!!) Im definatley happy.... :D
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#23 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:32 PM

As Gekko has commented before, the coke was flat.  Must have a problem with the soda thingy!  Never mind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lorenzo's have responded to this issue (based on comments posted here) and now stock Pepsi by the can rather than by the bottle to ensure it isn't served flat. Just ask Fabio...

European.vote - EU Referendum

#24 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:20 AM

Great news. That's what I love about this forum :) .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#25 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:27 AM

Pity about the people who are not going there again. They can have the american hot at Pizza Express .

I think we should now debate why the peroni is not free up Lorenzo what you guys think?

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#26 andyb

andyb

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:50 AM

I think we should now debate why the peroni is not free up Lorenzo what you guys think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I completely agree. Great little restaurant that only had 2 problems.

They seem to have sorted the flat coke - now as soon as there's free beer I'll be there every night.
:D

#27 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:53 PM

How about free peroni on presentation of a virtual norwood badge - about time we had some member benefits!

#28 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:29 PM

Virtual Norwood is not allowed to offer any substantial or tangible benefit in return for a donation without charging VAT. A small token of thanks is permissable so we give you a (free) badge. Because of this tax rule the badge purposefully confers no extra privileges to avoid VAT duty on your donation.

However, if the scheme is well supported, and enough people are aware of our badges and feel inclined to offer incentives off their own back then that would be encouraged. Any business that wants to make a special offer is welcome to post a message on the forum saying so. If you want to make a business aware of the golden opportunity to market themselves on Virtual Norwood please let them know the door is open for them to do so.

(You might be able to convince them to reward you for letting them know about this ;) )

European.vote - EU Referendum

#29 Cymraes

Cymraes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 11:45 AM

Went to Lorenzo's for the first time the other day and thought it was lovely.
The food was frill-free, homely and filling. The Staff were friendly and helpful.
I did find it a little too cramped and stuffy though, but I guess that's the price you pay for going somewhere this popular.

#30 Helen

Helen

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 02:21 PM

Once again we had another great meal at Lorenzo's. We are slowly working our way round all the restuarants on the triangle but go back to Lorenzo's time and time agin. We spent most of Saturday afternoon there and the friendly service was second to none. I think the food is great too. (A Torre a close second!)