Photo

Lorenzo

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (114 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (57 votes [51.35%])

Percentage of vote: 51.35%

2. Good (27 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

3. Average (16 votes [14.41%])

Percentage of vote: 14.41%

4. Poor (11 votes [9.91%])

Percentage of vote: 9.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 timko

timko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

I've been in CP for 2.5 years now and must have been to Lorenzo's more times than all of the other restaraunts put together. I don't think you can beat the combination of the food, the atmosphere and the value. I'll be off on Saturday with my family and girlfriends family. I'm looking forward to it already.

#77 James Bass

James Bass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

I'm a great Lorenzo fan who has a guilty pleasure for Pizza Express, mainly for their spicy, chilli-tastic pizzas such as Diavolo and Etna...

However, now that Pizza Express has officially gone and been replaced by "Pizza at the Palace" this seems a perfect opportunity for Lorenzo to start offering their own spicy pizzas, since I (for example) am noting the diminishing quality of so-called "spicy pizzas" on the Crystal Palace scene since Pizza Express's disappearance.

Can you bring it back, Lorenzo??

From me, at least, there is a definite niche!

#78 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

In Lorenzos extra chilli & garlic is free !

Pizza Expess Americano Hot is so 80's remember having these in the city in the late 90's in my shiny suit & slim tie !

Long Live lorenzo's !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#79 teri267

teri267

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

Lorenzo's also have chilli oil, chilli flakes and Tabasco sauce to accompany any meal if you ask! :)

#80 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

meant the late 80's was well over shiny suits by the 90's !!

Dazza

#81 James Bass

James Bass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:40 PM

Your comments are funny, Dazza, but did I say I liked American Hot? "No" is the answer. I was talking about the Pizza Express glory such as Diavolo and recent newcomer the Etna (scorching hot soft salami and hot sweet chillis - fantastic).

Fair shout about chilli flakes/oil/Tabasco, teri267. These are great but it's not about simple heat, it's about a beautiful overall effect in flavour.

I would like to petition Lorenzo to create a beautiful pizza with an abundance of fresh chilli and fresh garlic amidst some other great toppings.

Until then, I guess I can only dream...

#82 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

I'm sure if you asked them in Lorenzo they would make a Pizza with whatever you wanted on your topping within reason.

Trust me there is nothing funny about a shiny suit !

Dazza

#83 James Bass

James Bass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:50 PM

I'm sure if you asked them in Lorenzo they would make a Pizza with whatever you wanted on your topping within reason.

Trust me there is nothing funny about a shiny suit !

Dazza

Dazza, I wouldn't joke about the eighties. I love the eighties. Especially the song "Eighties" by Killing Joke who Nirvana ripped off for "Come As You Are".

But back to business, I bet you're right about them making me a pizza to my taste but as a customer I should be tempted by the menu and I'd hate to be so arrogant as to tell the chef what he should be cooking! No, it has to come from the creative excellence within Lorenzo... :)

#84 Woody

Woody

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

Went to here for a New Years meal and it had a really fun and great atmosphere. I have to say it's one of the only restaurants i always fancy the same food at. Whitebait followed by Calzone. Bit of a Steinbrenner from Seinfeld going on there!

#85 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

A long week of greek food which was in no way bad...sunday saw us back and having the need for good english fayre...Lorenzos it was then... so reliable...good proper english pasta, pizza, garlic bread!

#86 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:40 PM

Yep I agree - good old fashioned English food ha ha
No NO seriously - I haven't been for ages so Ive made a nice date with the old favourite of mine for tomorrow with a fellow VNer - I can't wait to go :) yum Tiramisu!
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#87 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:09 AM

Off work at present so went up the road for lunch wednesday lunch time. The high st is like a morgue at present with tumble weed, empty shops, metal shutters & empty pubs & restaurants however went to Lorenzos & got hit with the buzzing atmosphere immediately & got the last available table on the Gnd floor.

Had whitebait starter which is always huge & took advantage of their lunch deal 4.50 pizza or pasta dish with garlic bread or green salad washed down with a bottle of house red.

Amazing place amazing price recession has not effected this place.

Home made tirimitsu was on the specials but too full to participate.

Dazza

#88 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:44 AM

I'm surprised we didnt bump into each other yesterday lunchtime then.... we did go about 12 and it was quiet but got steadily busier.... I love it in there... and the staff are ever so friendly....
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#89 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

We haven't been in ages... but you may have just given me the urge to go. Yup. There it is... I have the uuuuuuuurge for Lorenzo's!

Is it open Mondays? I work from home that day :)
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#90 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:10 PM

Was up there about 1.30 ish. Twinkle

I have been frequenting this place since it opened in the 80's ( 2nd day of opening) & i have only managed to bag the round table near the front window twice in the all those years.

Dazza