Photo

Lorenzo

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (114 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (57 votes [51.35%])

Percentage of vote: 51.35%

2. Good (27 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

3. Average (16 votes [14.41%])

Percentage of vote: 14.41%

4. Poor (11 votes [9.91%])

Percentage of vote: 9.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:35 PM

ha ha well Im sure if you ask them nicely and reserve the round window table they would seat you there.. we were up there at 12 on the dot.... Love the mussels and spaghetti Lorenzos... mmmmmm
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#92 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:53 AM

Went to Lorenzo's last night for the first time in years! Well impressed with the chirpy atmosphere, quick service and very good pasta dishes - the carbonara is to die for..... hmmmmm....

3 people had a shared starter, 3 big pasta dishes, a pint and a bottle of red for around 45 - we were stuffed....

:)
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#93 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

Took Mr Spoon here for his birthday earlier this month as we hadn't been in yonks. Great flavours. I'd forgotten quite how really lovely a plain old carbonara can be and have refused to have it since for fear of sullying the memory.

We couldn't finish our main courses and they happily obliged with a doggy bag so we relived it all the next day.

They should advertise as a take-away as well. Why don't Italian restaurants do that here? I used to practically do a drive-by pick-up from a fab Italian place when I worked in Germany for a while.

#94 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

I'm replying to myself here, kinda, but wanted to report a lovely lunch here today. It was a belated birthday get-together for a wee one and, unprovoked, they produced a birthday ice cream, complete with candle and singing. So sweet of them.

And everyone enjoyed their food but that's practically a given.

#95 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:37 AM

We had a great meal here recently. It was a cold and rainy evening, and we had walked past several places that just didn't look inviting enough on such a chilly, blustery evening. When we walked into Lorenzo's, the lovely red candle glow and the warmth of the surroundings were just what was needed - as was the (consistently) excellent food and friendly service.

#96 seamus m

seamus m

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

I've lost count of the number of times I've eaten here with friends and family. It is consistently excellent value and super friendly. Great little restaurant.

#97 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

Went here for the first time last Wednesday, it was the busiest place on the Triangle for a start, and it's quite kitsch.
Really friendly staff and service, who didn't mind that I ordered a bottle of Prosecco and one glass (my friend was on soft drinks!).
Had fun.
Love The Triangle...

#98 clairy

clairy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

Love Lorenzo. It's our first choice every time for lunch. Lovely plates of pasta or pizzas for a fiver with garlic bread or salad. Total bargain.

#99 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Have used Lorenzo since it 1st openened in CP in the 80's great place to take the family with kids & still cheap as chips !

Popped in last saturday with family as there was a birthday & was just business as usual .

Consistanlty the busiest restaurant in the Palace !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#100 Rockchick

Rockchick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Have been going to this restaurant for 25 years and used to love it and always returned. Was dismayed and angry by the way myself and my family were treated in there this evening.............. a really special evening has been ruined.

#101 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

with you on that one - last 2 times Ive been in there had an issue with the service and on both occassions the same waiter - arrogant and unhelpful - will think twice before going back there in a hurry

#102 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

Very surprised to hear that. We have frequented Lorenzos for years and have always had fabulous food and friendly service.

#103 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Went there once, around this time last year. Food was absolutely lovely, when it eventually arrived, but the service was a disgrace; painfully slow, surly, off hand, disinterested. Haven't been back since, there's plenty of other decent eateries on the Triangle...
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#104 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Maybe we are just lucky then - we come here a lot and the service is always very friendly and efficient.

#105 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

You dont become the oldest eating establisment in the area by offering poor service!

I must just be a bit more forgiving than most but always have a good laugh with the staff when I visit ! But you could always go the pizza place across the road they always have free tables !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig