• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 b0at

b0at

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

Is there anyone living in close vicinity to Crystal Palace that is free during the day to care for a dog?

I am getting a dog soon but as I work full-time, I am looking for someone who has experience of dogs to look after it in their home during the day.

Ideally, you will have a dog to keep mine company. I am willing to pay for this service and help you to look after your pets if you need help. This would be ideal for an older person who would like some extra cash or if you would simply like company for your dog.

You need to be within walking distance of Sylvan Hill because I will be walking the dog to you in the morning and back home after work.

I would very much like to hear from you if you're interested 07825 278 024
Thank you

#2 helenandjoe

helenandjoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

Is there anyone living in close vicinity to Crystal Palace that is free during the day to care for a dog?

I am getting a dog soon but as I work full-time, I am looking for someone who has experience of dogs to look after it in their home during the day.

Ideally, you will have a dog to keep mine company. I am willing to pay for this service and help you to look after your pets if you need help. This would be ideal for an older person who would like some extra cash or if you would simply like company for your dog.

You need to be within walking distance of Sylvan Hill because I will be walking the dog to you in the morning and back home after work.

I would very much like to hear from you if you're interested 07825 278 024
Thank you

Hi,
I am new to Virtual Norwood and have just seen your post.

I would definitely be able to help you. My name is Helen and I have recently set up a new service in the area, PAWS, Professional Animal Walking Service, offering dog walking, boarding, full/half day care, pet sitting and dog behaviour/training advice.
Please look a my website, www.pawslondon.co.uk and feel free to contact me on 07813 664 956 or pawslondon@hotmail.co.uk with any questions.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Helen

#3 Silke

Silke

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:51 PM

I just thought I would add my recommendation for Helen to this post, her contact details are in the post above. She has been looking after our labrador puppy when we went away for a weekend has taken him for walks, too. She is the nicest person you could ever imagine looking after your dog / pet.
She is highly skilled (she works part time for Battersea Dogs Home and fosters puppies, too) and clearly a very caring person. We love her!
www.themassagepractice.co.uk

#4 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

Before using a dog/cat/baby sitting service it is best to consider whether any approaches made via the internet are genuine... I am sure there are a few undesirables out there that would love to relieve someone of all their household belongings if they were given the keys and a whole day to clear it away.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#5 Silke

Silke

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

In response to James just a quick reply to clarify that I was not approached by Helen, we found her through her website http://www.pawslondon.co.uk/ and she met us and our dog free of charge twice before we agreed on any services provided and exchanging keys. I'm sure there are some scamsters out there but Helen certainly isn't one of them - I just thought I'd clarify that because all I wanted to do is give her business, which is newly set up, a good review on VN.
www.themassagepractice.co.uk

#6 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

For the avoidance of doubt, my comment wasn't regarding any of the previous posts. This is guidance I have given many times before and is reflected in the forum guidelines... "6/ We do not accept requests for baby-sitters due to concerns with Internet grooming."

VN Members get on very well with one another so its easy to let your guard down.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#7 skigirl

skigirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:22 AM

Although I have never used PAWS, I have met Helen several times in the park with her dog and can say she and her partner are two lovely people, obviously genuine and obviously very caring for dogs. If I remember, her job at Battersea is an animal behaviourist - she assesses the new dogs that come in. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in engaing her services - good luck to her!

#8 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

I can thoroughly recommend Ian from 'Crystal Palace Animals at Home' - details below. I recently started using the service and can say that I am delighted - friendly, professional service, clearly cares about animals and very competitively priced.

For more information, visit www.crystalpalace.animalsathome.co.uk , email info@crystalpalace.animalsathome.co.uk
or call Ian on 07815561291
Animals at Home (Crystal Palace and Dulwich) is a franchise member of Animals at Home Ltd. Click here for more information.

#9 filmbuffy

filmbuffy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

hi there,
desperately in need of a dog boarder. i found a cat sitter for cats but they are booked for house sitting next weekend. thought i had a dog boarder.. but... ( through gritted teeth) fell through and i now have no where for dog to go and little time might i add to meet any potential boarders.
does anyone have any recommendations? paws London looked good and people have recommended Helen but the websites no longer up. Is Helen no longer running the business?
if anyone has number/ email address etc for Helen and whether she covers west norwood area or other recommendations please post. going away for the first time ever without pets has turned into a very stressful military operation.

#10 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Hi Filmbuffy, what of of dog do you have? I know what it's like when you have pets, and would love to help out but I am already looking after a friend's dog next weekend (all week actually). I can reccomend Donna Harris who runs Urban Dog in Streatham - http://www.urbandog.org.uk/ although I do think she gets very busy in advance.
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#11 filmbuffy

filmbuffy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

hi Moc, thank you . we have a laid back jack russell terrier. the dog sitter has now said they will do those dates which is a relief but has made me think i need to have a few pet sitters to hand if i need them. at least this now gives me time to properly meet a few more.
i know alot of them get so booked up in advance. i think i will have to really start planning holidays way in advance though its nice to do a spur of the moment thing also.
i will defo check out urban dogs though thank you.