Additions And Corrections

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:40 PM

If any of the information shown in our reviews section is incorrect please bring it to our attention by sending an email to reviews@virtualnorwood.com and we will update our details as soon as possible.

If you would like to suggest the addition of a restaurant to our reviews section please send an email to reviews@virtualnorwood.com with the restaurant name, address, opening hours and full contact details or add a reply to THIS topic (which will then be removed when we add your suggestion).

We now include several Café-Bar-Restaurants in this section. However details of cafés, coffee bars or delis will not normally be listed in our reviews section.

Thank you!

European.vote - EU Referendum

#2 boosey1010

boosey1010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

If any of the information shown in our reviews section is incorrect please bring it to our attention by sending an email to reviews@virtualnorwood.com and we will update our details as soon as possible.

If you would like to suggest the addition of a restaurant to our reviews section please send an email to reviews@virtualnorwood.com with the restaurant name, address, opening hours and full contact details or add a reply to THIS topic (which will then be removed when we add your suggestion).

We now include several Café-Bar-Restaurants in this section. However details of cafés, coffee bars or delis will not normally be listed in our reviews section.

Thank you!

I would like to add Coriander (Indian Take Away) to the restaurant list if possible - 100 Norwood High Street, 02087619396

My wife and I live very near to Coriander and enjoy their food very much - definitely the best Indian food in the area, in our humble opinion.

They are a take away/delivery only, very small staff, however the food is very high quality and fresh.

Definitely an overlooked gem in the neighbourhood which is dominated by chicken shacks and pizza places.

#3 zcpav02

zcpav02

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:45 AM

Hi,

I was just wondering if it would be possible on the main page of the restaurant thread to display the poll results next to each restaurant? Say the percentage of respondents who voted that restaurant as 'excellent' would be useful - or maybe something even more complex: a weighted average perhaps?. That way it would be easier to compare restaurants than by clicking on each restaurant and then clicking on 'show poll results' as you seem to currently have to (although I could just be too thick to work out how the forum works correctly - please don't hesitate to let me know if this is the case). If you could sort by the ratings, rather than the last posted, it would be really easy to see the all-time favourites!

If that is all too much hassle, I understand. It was just a suggestion.

I really enjoy reading the reviews, and find them very useful. Thanks.

Cameron.

#4 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

I was just wondering if it would be possible on the main page of the restaurant thread to display the poll results next to each restaurant?

I've got a feeling that it may be beyond the capabilities of the software, but we'll find out.

Glad you like the reviews :)
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#5 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

for interest - here is the compilation top ten that I made earlier...

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:07 AM

Hi - that's really good news for the restaurant and for Crystal Palace.

We have such high quality here - for I've just had a quick look through the VN polls for the better-known restaurants in the Triangle and here are the results:

(read as "excellent" / "good" / "average" / "poor" percentages)

1) Mediterranea 82/14/4/0
2) Yak and Yeti 68/30/3/0
3) A Torre 68/26/4/3
4) Edo 61/34/3/2
5) Numidie 62/29/7/2
6) Chi Oriental 63/22/14/2
7) Gurhka Cottage 51/36/10/4
8)E South East 49/30/12/9
8)E Lorenzo's 52/23/13/11
10)E Joanna's 43/30/16/10
10)E The Exhibition Rooms 45/27/22/7

I won't name names any further down the list, but even for the lowest (No.17), 59% thought it "excellent" or "good".
opposed to taking terrapins.

#6 MattVN

MattVN

VN Admin

• Admin
  • 543 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:23 PM

I was just wondering if it would be possible on the main page of the restaurant thread to display the poll results next to each restaurant?...

Elmo's correct that it's probably beyond the forum software. There may be a little modification I can build to do something similar. Will take a look. I think it's a nice idea though Cameron and understand exactly what you mean.

for interest - here is the compilation top ten that I made earlier...

Andreas, thanks for doing that. Very useful and interesting.

Virtual Norwood Admin | Visit VN's WikiBlogsGallery and Calendar

Contact me via webform or at 

#7 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:43 PM

Hi Spoon,

I will try and work out how to do it (just getting my luddite head around the mods tools :huh: ).

SL

Note for moderators:

When a restaurant changes name:
1/ start new topic with poll - the first post contains contact details (copy existing format for poll options)
2/ post in old topic with details of new name and link to new topic, then close the old topic
3/ update wiki, each area has its own list, combined into the master list, e.g. edit the page "Restaurants in Crystal Palace"

European.vote - EU Referendum

#8 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

Please may we have threads for the revamped Italians on Westow Hill? Or should we use old ones? One place has the same name as pre-revamp, I think, and one has changed. I'm not even sure Fresco had a thread before because it wasn't an eat-in affair. I've had a brief scan and not seen anything.

The Spoons have been dipping in and chowing down so we were going to report back. Thanks.

#9 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

Hi Spoon,

I've changed the topic name of Il Ponte to Nuevo Ponte - that is correct isn't it? I've not been past since the revamp. Please can you confirm that it's under the same management? If it's new mgt then I'll start a new thread but my understanding was that it was owned by the same people so it's still essentially the same restaurant.

Re Fresco, I don't think we ever had a thread as we don't do this for takeaways. Please could you provide details of the full address, phone number, name and website (if there is one) and I'll create a thread for this?
Mel, Forum Moderator

#10 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

Thanks, Gekko.

The first one I can answer - it's changed its name to Ponte Nuevo and is indeed under the same management, you're right.

With Fresco, I'll have to come back to you - or perhaps someone else might be passing sooner - as I don't know off the top of my head.

Thanks for sorting. One of us will post the Fresco details soon.

#11 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

It is actually Ponte Nuovo. Apologies for last post. The rest was correct.

Fresco is 64 Westow Hill, tel 020 8761 1761 and web www.fresco.com

#12 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

All done. Thanks Spoon!
Mel, Forum Moderator

#13 Helen B

Helen B

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:25 AM

Can you add Mi Cocina Es Tuya please? The new Venezuelan cafe opposite Sainsburys.

Herewith link to an Urbanspoon review I've just done which has all their details. Ta.

http://www.urbanspoo...-Es-Tuya-London

#14 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

Can you add Mi Cocina Es Tuya please? The new Venezuelan cafe opposite Sainsburys.

Herewith link to an Urbanspoon review I've just done which has all their details. Ta.

http://www.urbanspoo...-Es-Tuya-London

ha! at a cursory glance I read that as 'addictions and correctons'!
Rachel
My link

#15 djb

djb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:20 PM

Any chance you can add Thaicoons, 347 Norwood Road, Tulse Hill, SE27 9BQ (Tel: 020 8671 0313 / www.thaicoons.co.uk)? Ate there the other night - great food, lovely staff.