Photo

Chi Oriental

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (63 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (38 votes [62.30%])

Percentage of vote: 62.30%

2. Good (12 votes [19.67%])

Percentage of vote: 19.67%

3. Average (8 votes [13.11%])

Percentage of vote: 13.11%

4. Poor (3 votes [4.92%])

Percentage of vote: 4.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 zarajones

zarajones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:57 PM

I think the decor and service is by far the best in the area. If you like chinese food then you can't go wrong with Chi, we also use their takeaway service and love their fancy boxes too:) l hope more people will discover this restaurant soon.

#17 wulfhound

wulfhound

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

Anyone know if they're still doing dim sum on weekend lunch times?

Thanks,
wh

#18 acwman

acwman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:54 AM

Very impressed with Chi Oriental. I use them everytime I'm up in that neck of the woods. Decor is quite classy, and the atmosphere, although quite sometimes, is very relaxing and comfortable, with the tables being sensibly spaced apart! They do a Pan Fried seabass, which is extremely nice! :D

#19 HillBilly

HillBilly

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:26 AM

Went here on Saturday night (after Tangmang was rammed by 7pm!!) and I had a great time. The restaurant was only half full, but everyone in there was raving about the food. The staff are polite, attentive, and even boxed up a lonely toffee apple that one of my friends couldn't finish for her to take home.

An overlooked gem!

#20 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:19 AM

Can't fault the food, but it's quite expensive in there...
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#21 katb

katb

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:23 AM

Went here for the first time last night and really enjoyed it - very good food, and good service. Maybe a tad expensive, but just about worth it.

#22 sinhaha

sinhaha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:03 PM

nothing terribly ambitious about the menu , but what food they do is uniformly excellent.

also , their take away food is surprisingly good.

#23 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:36 PM

surprised by the amount of restuarants that were closed this evening...we found ourselves in chi, we have had good deliveries from here but never done the eat in experience.
and its not bad at all... we were the only ones in there which is probably why lots of places werent open but it was a good diversion from a sainsburys trip

#24 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:43 AM

Mondays are the new Sundays when it comes to shop and retail closures.
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#25 hathaws

hathaws

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

Me & the Mr went in on Saturday night for the first time - been meaning to try for ages, and walk past all the time, but other lovely Palace places usually win out. Not to be on Saturday, and we had a surprisingly lovely meal, even though we only went for the set menu (lack of decisiveness taking over). Would definitely go again, and will try the takeaway service too - am intrigued by the fancy boxes...

#26 MartinofGrim

MartinofGrim

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:38 PM

Great, food and service excellent, the ambiance could be a little 'warmer' and it always seems empty, which is a surprise cos it is really good nosh!

#27 Muffy

Muffy

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:29 PM

Recently went for a special occasion meal
Well looked after and the food was delicious
Highly recommended

#28 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

We went to Chi over the weekend. I remember going years ago and liking it, but for some reason hadn't got around to going back.

This weekend's experience will change that, we had a really lovely meal and very friendly and efficient service. The food served here is so much better than the offerings you get in most chinese eateries, the freshness of the ingredients and the quality of the cooking really stands out. It certianly won't be years until our next visit - in fact I am already planning it.

#29 CrystalParis

CrystalParis

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:50 AM

Went here for the first time last night. Our food was served so quickly that I was suspicious it had been microwaved - in fact we'd just had our wine poured when it arrived. My crispy chilli beef just tasted of crispy batter - could hardly taste/find any beef and got my partner to test it as I thought perhaps it was just me, but he thought the same. He'd ordered sweet and sour prawns which were in a really glutinous sauce and our egg fried rice was soggy and clumped together. Decor was lovely and calming but overall a very disappointing experience.

#30 Bri_957

Bri_957

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

Personally I will not eat there any more.

Had an experience with a takeaway from there that put me off forever.