Photo

Tamnag Thai

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (142 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (58 votes [40.56%])

Percentage of vote: 40.56%

2. Good (34 votes [23.78%])

Percentage of vote: 23.78%

3. Average (24 votes [16.78%])

Percentage of vote: 16.78%

4. Poor (27 votes [18.88%])

Percentage of vote: 18.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:26 PM

in order that i am seen to be fair and just...
i got off my but to get another takeaway from said restaurant on sunday and it was rubbish
and tarosak was nowhere to be seen
a coincidence?

#32 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:18 AM

Hi Philipburgoyne - you keep mentioning somebody called Tarosak - could you explain the significance to the forum - is he/she the chef??

#33 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:44 PM

note to self - and anyone else interested...
last night paid a visit and mentioned that in his absence the duck soup was a little
mild and tasteless...big mistake... left sweating profusely... still the best eat on the golden triangle !!

#34 aldaweb

aldaweb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:31 PM

Have had a few meals here now and find that the food is a bit variable. It seems better on the quieter nights. Atmosphere is good though.

#35 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:04 PM

really busy yesterday but still outstanding service and food ...

#36 motherash

motherash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:24 PM

so you like the place then

ive been here a few times and although theres a good atmosphere and all, there has always been some sort of problem either with the bill or the food order.

looks the part though

#37 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:55 PM

Just been in for lunch, the first time we'd been to a Thai restaurant since our honeymoon in Thailand last year.... £15/head for a three-course meal with a glass of champers! Lovely fresh ingredients too. I'll be back :)
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#38 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:50 PM

somebody check the day...its tuesday ? isnt it *** place was full to bursting point and we ate early... still damned good food delivered at pace and still the no1 haunt on the triangle. to appease some it would be fair to note that we were going to numidie but it wasnt playing ball.

#39 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:10 AM

any one in tamnaq last night ?
we arrived fashionable late but were still seated pretty rapidly... there was a large contingent ( 10 ) of thais eating beside us and after a large chorus of happy birthday the recipient played saxaphone to a delighted crowd of diners... i would not care for it every night but as a surprise it was excellent... oh and the food was great as usual...

#40 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:56 PM

I had dinner in there on Thursday, following recommendation from my girlfriend.
We had two mains, 2 rices and 2 beers. £30 all in, which I thought reasonable. Staff were polite, food was very tasty, service wasn't rapid but that was actually quite reassuring. I had Chili Beef something. Decent portions. Fresh ingredients, veggies still crisp. Rice very well cooked. Nothing tasted of dodgy MSG sauce.

My favourite Thai before this was O's in Crouch End, but I think I like this place even more. I intend to go again.

#41 pereira

pereira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:14 PM

The last two times that I have been to tamnag the service has been appalling and the staff surly. The first visit i thought it must've been a bad night for them, but the second time was a take out order on a Saturday evening at 6:30pm - well before the evening rush began and they still managed to keep me waiting 40 minutes and even then I was given the wrong order.
South East Asia is far better.

#42 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

tamnag was appointed as the first venue of the year...
the place was not packed considering there was not much else open...my view of little palace cafe told me they were full and you good people needed grease instead ! but there were a few couples with youngsters behaving impeccably ! anyone who follows this rant will know that in my view chicken satay and duck soup attacked with chopsticks is the only way forward and it was...and was it good ? you know it was ! i am sorry to anyone who was present to see me sniffing it first but it is the perfect answer to colds and flu if you cannot smell or taste it you are dead ( and i was dead once so i know )
i wish you all a brilliant year and i thank those who provide this forum to allow me to rant on food and stuff!

#43 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:49 PM

The food was good, but the staff! Oh dear. Spilling food all over the table, with no attempt to clean up, and so so surly.

Why does anyone go here? I won't be back.
Love The Triangle...

#44 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:47 PM

We went there few months ago and we were not impressed; we ordered some take away last week and we were less than impressed.
Definitely not a place to go or order from again ... shame!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#45 Liz29

Liz29

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:04 PM

Went here last night for my birthday and it was faultless! Considering it was a Monday it was pretty busy and the food was out of this world. Staff were friendly and we left very full and very happy :D