Photo

The Two Towers

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: The Two Towers (13 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (9 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. Good (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Average (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Poor (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MattVN

MattVN

VN Admin

• Admin
  • 543 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:00 AM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Pub

The Two Towers
201 Gipsy Road, SE27

Phone: 020 8761 8553

Virtual Norwood Admin | Visit VN's WikiBlogsGallery and Calendar

Contact me via webform or at 

#2 JazzFlint

JazzFlint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

Hi Guys,

I am the new owner of the two towers and I would like to invite you all to our new and improved pub.
Expect free drinks+food.

I look forward to seeing all of you very soon. Cheers

Quote VN2

Please come ready to offer suggestions.

#3 mattylad

mattylad

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

drink? free? well I might just come and take you up on your kind offer!!!

#4 Mary Pops

Mary Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

Hi There

Please can someone tell me where the Tow Towers is?

Thanks

#5 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

See top of thread!

#6 gipsybabe

gipsybabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

Well, my other half and I went long for a quick couple pf pre-drink before our at home Valentines meal. We met Mudi the proprietor and his wife Anna. A lovely couple. We had a drink each on the house. My white wine was lovely and reasonably priced. The lighting was a tad too bright but apparently dimmer switches are arriving this week. Liked the decor and the back garden which will have movies screened againgst the wall in the spring hopefully. All in all good for The Mansion to have some competition, and nice to have staff that want to chat and are hospitable.
Gbabe

#7 jamesl

jamesl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:17 PM

Popped in this weekend and a lovely afternoon drink. Nice atmosphere and welcoming staff and teh menu looked not half bad.

My wife spoke to Mudi , the owner, last week who was a bit dispondent after a series of hiccups over the opening (including a flood) but he's a nice guy with some decent ideas such as a movie night and some kids cooking mornings so I hope the place suceeds.

Certainly good to have a "trier" running a new pub after the rather lacklustre performance of the Mansion

#8 belo

belo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

Had a drink in there last w/e. A reasonably priced and good glass of red wine. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. The menu looked good, but we didn't eat. Hope to go back soon for their Sunday Roast.

Love the cinema and kids cooking class ideas. A great addition to the neighbourhood!

#9 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

After walking past this pub last night, I was saddened by how quiet it was and thought I would post something to bump the topic back up and remind people it is there. The new owners have actually done a nice job in the pub and with some more people it could have a really nice atmosphere. I must admit I am guilty of not giving it a go more, I am knee deep in assignments for my masters so the pub has been out of bounds over the last few weeks. I would like this pub to succeed as it is so local and it would be lovely to have another good pub so close to home (I like the mansion too and think that some healthy competition could be a good thing). The owners are very brave to open a new venture at the moment and I know from what people said about the Park that it takes a while to build up regulars, so fingers crossed. The website seems to have been updated and the film club is starting this Sunday 15th March at 6pm. They are showing Fargo and Burn After Reading, neither of which I have seen so I will try to pop along.

Maybe a venue for a future VN Social? Ahem... not that I have ever been to one myself!

http://www.twotowers...o.uk/index.html
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#10 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:14 PM

Maybe a venue for a future VN Social? Ahem... not that I have ever been to one myself!

http://www.twotowers...o.uk/index.html

There was a members vote on this which closed a couple of days ago. See http://www.virtualno...st=0#entry62708 for full details of the results.
Nick, Forum Moderator

#11 nickgipsyhill

nickgipsyhill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

Go to this pub! I went this week with a friend from out of town and was very proud to have it as a local! It was soooo empty though - they deserve to do well - very friendly and they really have some great ideas for it.
How about using it for a VN social or something

#12 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

Please see the previous post.
Nick, Forum Moderator

#13 sam812

sam812

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

I love this pub...and so close to home! Easy staggering distance, which is an important factor when looking for a new local, in my opinion.

Live music on Friday 3rd April, and free entry too! Woohoo!

#14 Plyn

Plyn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:13 AM

Great pub, very welcoming - went there last night and had a great burger for dinner.

They also do a lovely pint of Black Sheep.

Will hopefully go back for the live music on Friday...

#15 geronimo

geronimo

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:43 AM

First visit yesterday - had a really good good Sunday roast